Quick Overview: Bergamo Upper Town Small Group Walking Tour with Funicolar Ride
If you enjoy some time in Milan, don’t miss the opportunity to visit Bergamo, easy to reach by train. Bergamo is a beautiful medieval city composed by Upper and Lower Bergamo. The most interesting part of the city is Upper Bergamo that you reach by a cable train, the“Funicolare”, with your guide. At arrival, explore the city with its defensive walls and old buildings, and spend some time in“Piazza Vecchia”, the most important square of Bergamo. The tour continues at the “Campanone”, the bell tower, from which to see at the whole city. Then, you admire the church of Santa Maria Maggiore built in Baroque style, a real gem! The wonders of the city are not finished, you walk to the “Antico Lavatoio” and the “Cittadella Viscontea” house of Visconti,a Real family of Bergamo. It’s time for a sweet surprise, you can taste the “gelato” in the ice-cream shop that invented the Stracciatella, a flavour composed by milk ice-cream and chocolate chips. A delicious ending not to forget this day!
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Funicolar Tickets
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Piazza Vecchia, 24129 Bergamo Italy
This square was the heart of the Bergamo policy and hosts a very old fountain “Fontana Contarini” which is a symbol of the place. Piazza Vecchia is situated in Upper Bergamo and also it is the most important place of the city.
Pass By: Campanone o Torre Civica, Piazza Vecchia, Bergamo Italy
The Campanone is the bell tower of the city and rises in the heart of the Upper Bergamo. From the highest point of the bell tower, accessible by lift, you can enjoy a marvelous view both Upper and Lower Bergamo.
Pass By: Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore, Piazza Vecchia 6, 24129 Bergamo Italy
It is said that this church was built by the Bergamo people, so that the Madonna to protect them from the plague. This building is full of decorations, frescoes, tapestries and all the typical elements of Baroque style.
Pass By: Antico Lavatoio, Via Mario Lupo, 6, 24129 Bergamo BG, Italy
In the nineteenth century was built the Antico Lavatoio, a tank in white marble, to allow people to wash clothes and everything they needed to wash.
Pass By: Cittadella di Bergamo, Piazza della Cittadella, Bergamo Italy
The Cittadella Viscontea was the residence of the Visconti family, who ruled Bergamo from 1332 to 1428. The building was fortified to defend against popular rebellions and enemy attacks, this is why it was rised in the upper city.
Departure Point :Funicolare Città Alta, 24121 Bergamo, Province of Bergamo, Italy
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.