Quick-Start Nordic Walking Tour
Nordic walking is an activity that has so many benefits for adults of all ages and abilities. It mimics the activity of Nordic skiing, but with out the skis. It "turbo charges" a simple walk, turning it into a full-body workout while being gentle on the knees, hips and lower back.
The splendid scenery of the recreational trail system and paths in Canmore is the ideal place for this activity. Once the basics are learned, there is ample opportunity to learn about Canmore, take some photos and perhaps see some of the wildlife that share this mountain environment.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Urban Poles - Canada's leading provider of Nordic walking equipment.
What's excluded :
The purpose of this introductory 90 min. session, offered year round, is for you to learn correct Nordic Walking technique. A popular misconception is that Nordic Walking is simply walking with poles. Nothing could be farther from reality! There is a specific technique to be learned in order to perfect the plant, push, propel actions that turn a walk into a turbo-charged aerobic activity.
This session is suitable for adults of all ages and abilities. Minimum age is 12. The walks will take place in scenic locales near the town centre, with minimal elevation change. But the scenery will be outstanding so be sure to bring your camera for a photo stop or two!
The focus of these small group sessions is proper use of the equipment and proper Nordic walking technique. By the time you are finished, you'll have all the information you need to use your poles on your own, with friends, or on more adventurous outings. For your comfort and safety, group size is currently limited to 6 persons.
Departure Point :The Malcolm Hotel by Clique, 321 Spring Creek Dr, Canmore, AB T1W 2G2, Canada
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.