Quicksilver Outer Great Barrier Reef Snorkel Cruise from Palm Cove
Great for beginners, non-swimmers and first-time visitors to Tropical North Queensland cruise to Agincourt Reef. You can watch fish feeding, go on a snorkeling expedition, try scuba diving, view the coral and marine life on a semi-submersible submarine, and enjoy a tasty buffet lunch. Transport between Palm Cove and Port Douglas is included.
per adult from
What's included :
- Cruise from Port Douglas to Agincourt Reef
- Use of snorkeling equipment
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Morning and afternoon tea, coffee
- Hotel pickup and drop off from Palm Cove
- Environmental Management Charge
- Lycra suits and buoyancy vests
- Underwater observatory
- Semi-submarine reef discovery tour with commentary
- Entry/Admission - Quicksilver Pontoon
What's excluded :
- Guided Snorkeling Tour (if option not selected)
- Introductory Dive (if option not selected)
- Ocean Walker Helmet Dive (if option not selected)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Quicksilver Pontoon, Agincourt Reefs, QLD 4805, Australia
Departing from Port Douglas, your 90-minute high speed catamaran cruise takes you directly to Agincourt Reef, located on the Outer Great Barrier Reef The permanent pontoon moored here provides a sheltered base for your day on the reef. During the trip a snorkeling demonstration will get you ready for your adventure, and the staff will take you through your options for the day.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Agincourt Reef, Port Douglas, Queensland 4877 Australia
The clear water of the provides great underwater visibility and encourages rich coral growth which supports a wide variety of fish life, both large and small. Schools of damsel fish, solitary clown fish and small reef sharks are common visitors to this part of the reef, along with some brightly-colored parrotfish and elegant angel fish.
You'll have around 3.5 hours to enjoy the reef at your leisure. Grab a snorkel and fins and hit the water on your own, or join an optional guided snorkeling tour with a qualified marine biologist. Snorkeling is a great way to explore the Great Barrier Reef, and there are friendly staff on hand to show you how.
Prefer to stay dry? You can explore the stunning reef from the comfort of a semi-submersible submarine. You'll take a leisurely cruise through colorful coral gardens, giving you a snorkeler's view of the marine life without getting wet. For a little more adventure, why not try an introductory scuba dive. or a unique Ocean Walker Helmet Dive
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Great Barrier Reef, Great Barrier Reef, Queensland
Included Activities:Sorkeling at Agincourt Reef, Semi Submersible coral viewing: The semi submersibles cruise slowly through the colorful coral gardens giving passengers, the opportunity to experience a snorkelers-eye view of the marine life without getting wet.
Underwater Observatory: Watch the fish feeding from the unique viewing platform and underwater observatory. From here, you can also see the "first time" divers taking part in introductory dives.
Optional Activities (book and pay in advance):
Introductory Snorkel Tour: Led by a marine biologist, this tour provides an introduction to the Great Barrier Reef. Designed for the novice or beginner snorkeler. Introductory Dive: If you've never dived before, and would like to experience the magic of SCUBA, try an introductory dive with a highly qualified dive instructor. Ocean Walker - Helmet Diving: Breathing fresh air delivered from the surface into your helmet, you'll walk underwater on a reef platform
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Paradise On The Beach Resort, 119-121 Williams Esplanade, Palm Cove QLD 4879, Australia
Departure Time :Cruise & Introductory Dive 5/1/2020 - 3/31/2022
Cruise Only 5/1/2020 - 3/31/2022
Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 04:30 PM
Cruise & Guided Snorkel Tour 5/1/2020 - 3/31/2022
Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 04:30 PM Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 04:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Minimum age for all diving activities is 12 years, the maximum age is 70 years
- All diving activities (Ocean Walker and Introductory Dive) for children 14 years and under must be booked directly on the day of travel. Prices listed are cruise only
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 300 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.