See many volcanoes and understand why this region was named "The Avenue of the Volcanoes" by the German naturalist scientific Alexander von Humboldt. Mountains and green pastures are your companions on this journey. Visit a local market as part of the itinerary in order to discover new fruits, tubers and vegetables from the Inter-Andean region. Dare to taste on the way up a guinea pig that is roasted above hot charcoal, this meat is considered a delicacy to people who are living in the rural areas. Finally find the mystical lagoon of the gods.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- An English-speaking Certified Naturalist Guide-Chauffeur
- Transportation Quito - Quilotoa - Quito
- Admission to Quilotoa reserve
- Entry/Admission - Laguna Quilotoa
What's excluded :
- Travel insurance
- Mule back riding $10 USD per person
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Machachi, Machachi, Pichincha Province
Depart from Quito and cross over one of the most commercial and cow-farm towns of Ecuador. This inter-Andean valley known as Machachi houses more than one economic activity. Machachi is surrounding by rose plantations, natural water factories and dairy shops. In July, an indigenous festival is celebrated each year. The festival is called “El Paseo del Chagra” or the Andean Cowboy Festival which was considered by the government an intangible cultural heritage of Ecuador. On the road, there is a view point to observe the mountains and some volcanoes which are part of the Andes mountain range.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Pujili, Pujili, Cotopaxi Province
On specific days of the week, you can see how sellers and buyers coming down to the Pujili indigenous market from different points. The market starts its activity early in the morning and is filled with colors either by the variety of products or by the typical dress of their natives who work in the market. The bargaining is part of the everyday of local people and makes you in a few seconds a good businessman.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Galeria del Primer Pintor de Tigua - "Julio Toaquiza Tigasi", Km 50 via Latacunga - Quevedo Tigua Chimbacuchu, Tigua 050405 Ecuador
Tigua community is one hour far away from Latacunga city, on the Pujili-La Mana road, in the Province of Cotopaxi. This community for several years has combined farming and craftsmanship labors. In this place, we make an stop to observe a large part of the artistry work carried out by its natives. In a small gallery paintings in acrylic or watercolor are displayed where the main scenes about the “Pachamama” (Mother earth) and local characters of the old Spanish haciendas are reflected. A guinea pig can be seen while it is circling in the roasting as well.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Laguna Quilotoa, Laguna de Quilotoa, 070701 Ecuador
Quilotoa is a water-fill caldera that tops out at 3800 meters or 12467 feet above sea level. The lagoon shows up different colors, it depends if the day is sunny or cloudy. You can be as active or relaxed as you like in the lagoon. Quilotoa offers a wide range of activities which to choose from: hiking, kayaking, photography or just enjoy this peaceful place from the look-out point. The activity that travelers enjoy the most is to walk down at the bottom of the crater to look at the lagoon and return. if your physical condition is not the best one, the return could be assisted by a local man who rent mules to come back to the viewpoint. Afterwards a long walk a pause is necessary to taste typical food in one of the community restaurants of Quilotoa. After a wonderful day is time to come back to Quito.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
As a courtesy, we offer picks up from hotels are located by the International Airport of Quito. Please, send us your address location to check it out.Airports
- Mariscal Sucre Airport, Quito Ecuador
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.