Quilotoa Lagoon and Indian Markets in One Day from Quito
With this day tour you get the opportunity to visit the breathtaking Quilotoa Crater lake, located about 2.5 hours south of Quito this emerald colored lake is one of a kind. You will get the opportunity to visit a local indigenous market and hike down to the lake and even go for a swim if you like!
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees ($2 entrance to park)
- Additional fees (mule $10 or canoe ride $5)
- Quilotoa, an emerald colored lake located inside a volcano crater, is one of the Andes’ gems. At 3800m, the lake is also a host to surrounding indigenous communities. The drive to Quilotoa passes through the Zumbahua canyon and various indigenous towns and farmlands.
Depending on the day, we will visit either the Saquisilí (Thursdays), or Pujilí (Sundays) indigenous markets so you can appreciate the contrast between these and those of the Imbabura province (Otavalo).
We then arrive at the Quilotoa National Park and begin our descent to the lake, you can hike back up or rent a mule to take you back up. After lunch we will visit Shalala, a community well known for their handicrafts.
Weather in Quilotoa is very unpredictable, so we recommend being prepared with warm and waterproof clothing (layers always help).
• Pick up at 7am in the New Town (Magic Bean Cafe)
• Pick up at 7:15am in the Old Town (Plaza San Blas)
• Leave towards Saquisili / Pujili / Indian markets (it depends on the day)
• Arrive to Quilotoa followed by trek around the crater
• Arrive to Tigua community
• Return towards Quito
Departure Point :Quito, Quito, Pichincha Province
Departure Time :7:00am from the New town
7:15am from the Old Town
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.