Quilotoa Loop and Toachi Canyon: Hike 3 Days / 2 Nights (PRIVATE Trip)
Discover the second tallest volcano in Ecuador and Quilotoa Lake a great place for hikers lovers.
Cotopaxi is an active volcano that is part of the Andes Mountains and home to beautiful views and regarding Quilotoa Loop is arguably one of the best multi-day trekking routes in South America and one of Ecuador’s most popular treks. The hiking trails throughout the Quilotoa Loop wind through the Ecuadorian Andes to connect a series of friendly rural farming villages such as Zumbahua, Quilotoa, Chuchilan and Isinlivi.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- 3x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Private transportation
- English speaking guide
- Accommodation based in double room
- Entry/Admission - Cotopaxi National Park
- Entry/Admission - Laguna Quilotoa
- Entry/Admission - Canon del Rio Toachi
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
Day 1: Quito-Cotopaxi-Quilotoa Lake
Stop At: Cotopaxi National Park, Ecuador
We´ll drive from Quito through Andean Volcanoes Avenue heading south to the Cotopaxi National Park; Once in the park we'll visit a natural museum to learn about its nature, geology, history and eruptions of Cotopaxi volcano (5897m). Our next stop is at Limpiopungo Lake (3800 mts.) where we'll make an acclimatizing walk while observing some variety of birds like ducks, eagles and Andean gulls. Afterwards we drive to the parking lot (4600 mts.) from here on clear days we have incredible view of the Andean landscape. If our condition is good there is a chance to hike up for 45 minute to the José Ribas refuge (4800 mts.) where you can taste a delicious hot chocolate for warmth. Then in the afternoon continue driving to Quilotoa loop which is based 1 1/2 hour far away.
Duration: 4 hours
• Lunch: Box Lunch will be provided as meal
Accommodation included: Overnight at Quilotoa área -2 star hostel
Day 2: Hiking Quilotoa to Chugchilan
Stop At: Laguna Quilotoa, Laguna de Quilotoa, 070701 Ecuador
After breakfast we ready for this hike. This first part of the hike consists of following this dirt road down to the bottom around the loop with some trails along the way as shortcuts. This first part of the hike consists of following this dirt road down to the bottom around the loop with some trails along the way as shortcuts. Then start descending to the plateau of the small indigenous village Huayama, once here it is really easy to feel the climate and scenery change dramatically, even close to the Toachi River. The whole trail lasts from 4 to 5 hours until to get to Chugchilan is a well-known destination for hikers and a typical mountain region village in Ecuador.
Duration: 4 hours
• Lunch: Box lunch will be served as lunch
Accommodation included: Overnight at Chugchilan town -3 star hostel
Day 3: Hiking Chugchilan to Insilivi, transport to Quito
Stop At: Canon del Rio Toachi, Kilometros Del Canton Sigchos 10, Pujili 050450 Ecuador
After breakfast get ready for a great hike through Toachi Canyon that offer gorgeous views of green valleys, and the beautiful Toachi river! The magic Andean mountain atmosphere will inspire you on a trek along the Toachi canyon. You will hike down to the canyon of the Toachi River and then continue hiking throught the canyon with several great viewpoints for excellent photo opportunities, finally arrive to Isinlivi, a small town where the transportation will pick you up to back to Quito or then continue to your next destination into the south of Ecuador.
Duration: 4 hours
• Lunch: Box lunch will be provided as a lunch.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Service is based in private basis, so the clients are able to write down the pick up detailsAirports
- Mariscal Sucre Airport, Quito Ecuador
Departure Time :5/24/2020 - 6/22/2022
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We will have face mask available on car for any emergency.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.