Quito City tour and Middle of the world
In this complete tour, you will have the opportunity to visit the largest and most preserved historic center in Latin America, the historic center of Quito.
We will also make a stop at the Basilica of the National Vow and at the Panecillo, where is a huge figure of the Virgin of Legarda, emblem of the city of Quito.
In the afternoon, we will reach the Middle of the World, where we will visit the monument that divides the northern hemisphere of southern hemisphere of the planet.
A must-do while visiting the city of Quito !
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional Guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (downtown hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basilica of the National Vow, Quito 170130, Ecuador
In this tour, we will visit the historic center of Quito, capital of Ecuador. It is the largest and best preserved historic center of South America. To do so, we will board our original trolleys, which are a replica of the trams that circulated in Quito last century.
We will start our tour visiting the Basilica of the National Vow, where our guide will give us a brief explanation from its facade.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: La Virgen del Panecillo, Gral Miller y Patagonia ( Cerro Panecillo), Quito 170150 Ecuador
We will move to the Mirador del Panecillo, where is the giant metal statue of the "Winged Virgin". This Virgin is the guardian of the city, also known as "Virgen de Legarda" or “Virgen Alada”, from where you can admire a beautiful landscape of Quito.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Plaza San Francisco, Plaza de San Francisco, Quito 170401, Ecuador
We will continue to Plaza San Francisco, one of the representative places of the metropolitan city of Quito.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Plaza de la Independencia (Plaza Grande), Gabriel Garcia Moreno Entre Chile y Espejo, Quito 170150 Ecuador
From here, we will walk to the Plaza Grande, historical and political center of the City. This square is surrounded by several attractions including: The Palace Archbishop, the Cathedral, the Government Palace, and the Church of the Company.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Calle La Ronda, Juan de Dios Morales, Quito 170150 Ecuador
We will finish our tour knowing the traditional neighborhood "La Ronda", where we will visit workshops and learn with a group of authentic artisans how their works are elaborated.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mercado Artesanal La Mariscal, Reina Victoria and Juan Leon Mera on Jorge Washington road, Quito 170150 Ecuador
We will stop at the “Zona Rosa” of the city, approximately an hour and a half to have free time for lunch (not included), and later we continue with our excursion at the middle of the world.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Mitad Del Mundo, Quito, Ecuador
We will visit the monument that divides the northern hemisphere of southern hemisphere of the planet.
It was built in the 18th century, moment in which the French scientific expedition defined the Equatorial line, which divides the world into two equal parts.
In the Middle of the World, we will live experiences that defy the laws of physics and occur only in the center of the planet.
After the visit, we can seal our passport with a unique stamp!
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Quito, Ecuador
Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up transfer is only from selected centrally located hotels. If your hotel is outside the geographic area, we will confirm you the closest meeting point. Indicate the name and address of your hotel.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance. In case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.