Quito City Tour Including Capilla del Hombre Art-Museum
Explore the city of Quito while on this 7-hour tour, all the while being accompanied by a bilingual guide. View the exterior of buildings such as Government’s Palace and San Francisco's Church with your small-group of no more than 14. Take guided tours of La Compañia Church and Capilla del Hombre Museum. This museum was created as a tribute to humankind, the art-work on display depicting the historic suffering and struggle of Latin America’s poor indigenous population
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Certified English/Spanish speaking guide
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Fundacion Iglesia de la Compania
- Entry/Admission - La Capilla Del Hombre
- Entry/Admission - El Panecillo
- Entry/Admission - Calle La Ronda
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees, unless specified
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off outside of Quito (additional $30USD)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fundacion Iglesia de la Compania, Garcia Moreno N 10-43, Quito 170150 Ecuador
Capped by green-and-gold domes, La Compañía de Jesús is Quito’s most ornate church and a standout among the baroque splendors of the Old Town. Free guided tours in English or Spanish highlight the church’s unique features, including its Moorish elements, perfect symmetry (right down to the trompe l’oeil staircase at the rear), symbolic elements (bright-red walls are a reminder of Christ’s blood) and its syncretism (Ecuadorian plants and indigenous faces are hidden along the pillars).
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Santo Domingo Church (Iglesia de Santo Domingo), Santo Domingo y Puerto Rico, Quito 170150 Ecuador
Santo Domingo Church borders the southern edge of Quito Old Town and stands grandly over Santo Domingo Plaza. The church represents fascinating periods in Quito’s religious history, as it was constructed by Dominicans and modified by Italian priests.
Stop At: La Capilla Del Hombre, E18-94 Mariano Calvache St. And Lorenzo Chavez St Barrio Bellavista, Quito 170150 Ecuador
One of the most important works of art in South America, Ecuadorian artist Oswaldo Guayasamín’s Capilla del Hombre stands next to the Casa Museo Guayasamín. The fruit of Guayasamín’s greatest vision, this giant monument-cum-museum is a tribute to humankind, to the suffering of Latin America’s indigenous poor and to the undying hope for something better.
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Iglesia y Convento de San Francisco, Cuenca 477 y Sucre, Quito 170150 Ecuador
Is a 16th-century Roman Catholic complex in Quito, Ecuador. It fronts onto its namesake Plaza de San Francisco.
Stop At: El Panecillo, Costado del Centro Historico, Quito 170150 Ecuador
Topped by a 41m-tall aluminum mosaic statue of La Virgen de Quito (Virgin of Quito; completed in 1976), with a crown of stars, angelic wings and a chained dragon, the hill to the south of the Old Town called El Panecillo (the Little Loaf of Bread) is a major Quito landmark.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Calle La Ronda, Juan de Dios Morales, Quito 170150 Ecuador
La Ronda is an enchanting addition to Quito‘s historic district, and the long curving street has quickly become one of the city’s most popular tourist attractions. Read more about its history and learn the 11 best ways to enjoy this magical street.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: El Sagrario, Gabriel Garcia Moreno y Espejo, Quito 170150 Ecuador
El Sagrario is one of the most popular churches of the Historical District of Quito. There are frequent holy masses and in this church, archives are the oldest baptism certificates of the city since 1535. Couples rent int church for weddings and baptisms.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels pick up/drop off outside of the city have an extra charge
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please note: Guide speaks English and Spanish
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.