Quito Cultural Bike Tour (1 Person PRIVATE)
Quito Cultural City Tour by Bike (2 people PRIVATE)
This is our left-of-centre tour. Go solo and experience it all to yourself! Discover local life on a bike as you pedal your way around to see art and experience culture. Chocolate tasting, history, street art, markets, parks and spectacular views await you.
• 4-hour bike ride through La Floresta, Guapulo Alto, Mariscal Foch, Alameda
• Ideal tour for people who want to see something other than ‘just’ the touristy parts of Quito
• Cycle through verdant parks and experience amazing views of the city from some amazing vantage points
• Sample local food, chocolate, and juices
• Small groups, limited to 7 people
Skill Level: Easy
Distance: 13.5kms/ 8.5 miles
Altitude: 2862 metres above sea level
Maximum climb: Two easy hills (elevation 100 metres)
90% Bike Paths
per adult from
What's included :
- Quito Bike Tours urban bicycle (Fulgur ‘Cotinga’, 24-speed)
- Safety-certified helmet
- Bicycle chain, lock, and key
- Reflective safety vest
- Some food and drink tasting
- Licensed, local, professional bilingual guide (English/ Spanish)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Snacks and drinks
- Water. Say what? Water! No, we aren’t being tight. As a company who values sustainability and not plastic, we ask that each participant bring their own bottle (hopefully reusable). We promise that we will make it up to you in other ways!
- Tips (optional and with absolutely no pressure). We are not a free tour and you can be sure that we pay our guides properly. However, if you wish to tip your guide you can absolutely do so. You can also be assured that not one cent (and that’s the way we want it!) will go to the company. Whatever you wish to give to your guide goes 100% to him or her.
- Trip Itinerary
Explore La Floresta, Guápulo Alto, Mariscal, Alameda Park and much, much more!
9.00am – Ochoymedio, La Floresta
We start from the iconic Ochoymedio Arthouse Cinema. We take a look at the amazing street art around La Floresta as well as tell you about some of the artists who painted them. We also taste some pretty awesome chocolate.
10.00am – La Floresta and visit a great lookout and hang out with some of the locals. This is a really interesting and not very frequented part of Quito. It’s definitely a hidden gem!
11.00am – La Mariscal, El Ejido We visit some interesting parks, get to see the local culture as well as the hub of activity that is the Mariscal area, and visit a special handicrafts market (one where you can meet the actual artisans who make their products). We also visit an iconic fruit and veggie market, showing you how the ‘real people’ live, shop and eat.
12.00pm – Alameda Park and local life We visit the oldest park in Quito (and in Ecuador) giving you some fascinating historical insights. You will see the oldest astronomical observatory in Ecuador. Some other interesting places await you too!1
12.30-1.00pm – Return to La Floresta Making our way past an impressive 50-metre tall mural, we finish our tour at La Cleta Bici Cafe located in La Floresta, only a block from where we started. Upon arrival, the café will give you a FREE drink and a snack, as well as offer you 10% off all food!
Tour Starting Point:
Cnr Valladolid N24-353 & Vizcaya
Departure Point :Ochoymedio Ecuador, Valladolid, Quito 170143, Ecuador
Return Detail :La Cleta, Lugo N24-250, Quito 170143, Ecuador
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of the tour so that we can leave on time.
- ID (original or copy)
- Rain jacket
- Money, including small change
- A backpack … if you want to buy or store stuff
- A great altitude! Oops sorry, attitude!
- WATER! In our quest to help save our planet, we advise you to bring your own water or water bottle.
- The standard Cancellation and Refund policy for suppliers is:
- A 100% refund for cancellations made at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. A refund processing fee of 6% applies. The value of the transaction may be subject to taxes, duties, foreign transaction, currency exchange or other fees. Your bank or credit or debit card company may convert the payment into the local currency and charge fees, resulting in differences between the amount displayed on Viator.com and Viator-affiliated websites, and the final amount charged to your bank account or credit or debit card statement.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours of the start date of the experience will receive no refund.
- Keep in mind that Quito is 2867 metres above sea level. We recommend that you give yourself at least one day to acclimatise. Have a good night's sleep and eat lightly on the day of your tour. These all help combat altitude sickness.
- It is imperative that you have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. If you do not, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES will Quito Bike Tours be held responsible for any injuries incurred.
- Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Quito Bike Tours reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notifications due to unforeseen circumstances or weather. A refund or reschedule will be organised. An administrative fee will be applied to all refunds.
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.