Quito Market Tour and Pichincha Cable Car Ride
Wherever you go in the world, markets are the source of the freshest food around and Ecuador is no exception. Join this Quito tour to discover (and taste) the ingredients that go into the signature dishes of this region.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English speaking guide
- Private transportation
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Items of a personal nature
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Quito, Quito, Pichincha Province
This Quito tour is sure to leave you with a full tummy and a greater understanding of (and appreciation for!) Ecuadorian food and Quito market life - essential to feeling like a local!
Pass By: Pichincha, Puerto Quito Ecuador
Go off the beaten path and discover the sights, sounds, and smells of the real Ecuadorian capital on this Quito markets tour.
First, we head for the foothills of towering Pichincha on the western edge of the city. Ride the cable car to the top to take in the unparalleled views from a staggering 4,100 meters above sea level. Explore the ecological trail that snakes along the mountain ridge, taking in different views of the city below. Visit the world’s highest Catholic chapel perched at a staggering 4,150 meters, which was built to honor the miracles of the Virgin Mary. Take in one last view of the city before climbing back aboard the cable car for the ride down the mountain.
Pass By: Mercado Inaquito, Inaquito Bajo, Quito 170150 Ecuador
Head to the Iñaquito Market, located in the northern part of the city. This fabulous market is known for its fresh produce, selling everything from exotic fruits and vegetables to medicinal herbs, fresh juices and local alcoholic drinks.
Feast on a range of Ecuadorian foods on offer, from crispy fried pork to delicate ceviche. Learn about the ingredients that go into making some of Ecuador’s signature dishes, and discover first hand the range of food on offer throughout the country. Don’t miss washing it all down with one of the many of juices on offer – from the usual orange and mango to the unusual such as babaco and tree tomat
Departure Point :Avenida Gonzalez Suarez, Av. Gonzalez Suarez, Quito, Ecuador
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We suggest wearing comfortable clothing and shoes, a warm jacket, sunglasses, and a hat
- Maximum group size is 12 participants
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.