Rafting in Lousios and Alfeios rivers
Enjoy a unique rafting experience in two of the most beautiful rivers of Greece. River Lousios after running 5 kilometers through its gorge falls into river Alfios. Then the water follows its natural way to the Ionian Sea. According to Greek mythology Alfios flows through the Ionian sea reaching to Sicily. The variations in the scenery, the lush vegetation and the impressive rock formations give us a clear view of the natural environment of the river that can be explored only by rafting descents.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour planning – Sightseeing
- Full rafting equipment (helmet, life jacket, neoprene suit, waterproof jacket)
- Local Transfers
- Photographs from the tour
- All taxes
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lousios River, Lousios Gorge, Dimitsana Greece
We begin the descent to the river from the bridge of Atsicholos in Arcadia fully equipped, and with the help of experienced river guides. During the descent we enjoy a fabulous natural environment with crystal clear waters. After passing 3km in river Lousios, we get into the largest river of the Peloponnese Alfios, where we continue for another 3 kilometers until the end of our journey. The difficulty of the rapids we encounter during the descent are easy to moderate on level 2-3 based on the international scale. During summer months, the river conditions and the volume of water make this activity easy and suitable for everyone, beginners and families. In the rest of the year depending on the frequency of rainfall and the water level the activity is ideal for those seeking more action and strong emotions. Once again no previous experience is required.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Trekking Hellas Rafting Base, Vlachorraptis 220 22, Greece
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Explore Messinia reserves the right to postpone or cancel the activity in case of non completion of the required number of participants
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.