Rafting Journey at the Down on Teesta River's White Water with Private Transfer
White Water Rafting in the crystal clear blue water of river Teesta offers you a thrilling adventure while you traverse the majestic landscapes of the Himalayan foothills. The River Teesta and its tributary Rangit thunder down the mountains of Darjeeling and create foaming white water and stretches with varying rapids that are excellent for rafting. Teesta River has been ranked at Grade 4 on the international scale. Teesta has a series of rapids with intermittent intensity and character while its tributary Rangit has more turbulent waters and offers a greater challenge.
per adult from
30 to 60 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- All activities
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of rafting equipment
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Teesta River
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Teesta River, India
You will be picked from your hotel or fixed point within Darjeeling and driven to Teesta Bazar, where you will meet your instructor.
Once you get your helmet, life jacket, a pair of oars and your raft, you’ll be ready to hit the challenging waters of the turbulent Teesta and Rangit.
Your White Water Rafting experience will start from a point called the 7th Mile and continue down until Labarbote, which will take about 30 minutes to one hour (depending on the speed of the river).
As you raft down Teesta, you will have wonderful views of the dense forests along the slope of the mountains, various birds, fish in the water, and small villages on both sides of the river. These views combined with the excitement of rafting through the torrents and foaming waters create an unforgettable experience.
When your rafting journey ends at Labarbote point, you will be met and then driven back to your hotel / fixed point at Darjeeling.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Darjeeling, Darjeeling, Darjeeling District, West Bengal
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Bagdogra Airport, Bagdogra India
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 15 years
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- Important Info: suggest outfit
- Males - Bodyfit t-shirt & shorts
- Females - Bodyfit t-shirt & shorts / track pants / leggings
- River sandals or old sneakers
- Sunglasses with retaining cord
- Sunscreen lotion
- Water Grade Info
- Grade 1: Easy, small waves. No obstacles
- Grade 2: Moderate difficulty with clear passage
- Grade 3: Difficult, high irregular waves, narrow passage- require precise maneuvering
- Grade 4: Difficult, powerful waves. Very precise maneuvering required
- Grade 5: Difficult, powerful waves. Lots of twisting and spinning. Very precise maneuvering required
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.