Raimbow Mountain Full Day Tour
On this tour you will be able to see villages, beautiful adobe style houses, herds of llamas and alpacas and you will have magnificent views of the Ausangate peak (6,385 m / 20,945 ft.), the highest snow capped peak in Cusco region.
Enjoy the natural colors of the rarely visited Rainbow Mountain Tour, walk through some isolated communities, in which you may interact with the local people who are still keeping the old traditions of andean people.
NOTE: Rainbow mountain it's very high place (16700 ft), Chaski Green recommend do this tour after couple days of adjusting your body to the altitude, you can first do tours around Cusco city or go to Machu Picchu. If you do not want to have altitude sickness. Then you can do Rainbow mountain.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Breakfast and lunch
What's excluded :
Cusco - Raimbow mountain
Route Duration: 12 hoursStops on the Cusco - Raimbow mountain:
Attractions on the Cusco - Raimbow mountain:
- Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain
Operates: You will be picked up between 04:00 hrs. Then we are going to set out on a drive through the South Valley. The drive takes around 4 hours to get the biggining of our walk (4,326 m / 14,189 ft.). where You are going to start with the trekking of 3 hours approx. long to the rainbow mountain (most of the way is going up). In the way up we are going to be able to enjoy amazing landscapes, many red mountains and traditional local houses. When we finally reach the top of Rainbow Mountains (5,100 m / 16,700 ft.), you will have time to take pictures. We will spend approximately 30 minutes between 1 hour (it depends of your trekking speed and weather conditions). After the amazing view of the landscapes from the top we are going to walk down to the beginning of our trekking point, that take 2 hours approx. (Quesiuno community) where we are going to take our transportation to Hanchipacha community to have lunch. Then you are going to be drive to Cusco, and drop you at your hotel. Back to Cusco Around 6pm.
Departure Point :You may start this tour at any of the stops listed.
Departure Time :See itinerary
Return Detail :You may disembark at any of the available stops.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.