Raimbow Mountain - Full Day Tour
A truly 100% experience with local people and learning our native language, quechua and visiting aheutntic communities which are nearby Rainbow Mountain. This new wonder is located in Cusco region, Perú and very closer to Ausangate Mountain considered one of the highest mountains in Peruvian andes, considered an andean protector as well. It is located on the southest Cusco region at 3.5 hours away from Cusco city by bus and with a 2 hours hike at 5000 m.a.s.l., it belongs to Pitumarka and Cusipata districts which are very picturesque towns with a rich cultural inheritance since ancient times.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain
What's excluded :
- What does not include? Dinner Tips
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain, Cordillera de Vilcanota, Cusco 08225, Peru
The Rainbow Mountain, Red Valley and Ausangate Mounatin is located on the southest of Cusco region at 3.5 hours away from Cusco city by bus and with a 2 hours hike at 5000 m.a.s.l. or 16.000 feets, it belongs to Pitumarka and Cusipata districts which are very picturesque towns with a rich cultural inheritance since ancient times. This natural formation is originated by subsoil minerals as plumb, iron, copper, bronze, silver and others that generating oxygen adding subsoil water interaction and thaw from snowcapped mountains make these colors emerge as we know them today, it is considered a natural wonder. And next to this wonder We have the Red Valley Natural Formation and Ausangate Mountain view wich can be cover by this tour in a full day tour. You can do it¡¡¡
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Kenko Adventures can pick up to any tourist that could stay around Cusco City.
Departure Time :4:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR TOUR
- Have a look carefully the next information; it will help you answer any of your questions about our service and tours in Cusco and Machu Picchu.
- You will be welcomed at Cusco airport and we drive you to your hotel, please send us the information about flight details at least 14 days prior to your trek or tour. Look out for our representative holding an KENKO ADVENTURES logo at the arrival terminal. It can be done on any date that is best suited to you!
- We use to visit at your hotel 6 pm or if you prefer during the day 9am to 1pm or 3pm to 5pm, please you could send us an email with details to get your briefing time Will be ready any time for our clients.
- Of course! During the Cusco Machu Picchu Tour your main luggage can be store at our office or at your hotel, both are for free. Please don´t pack anything you will need for your hike.
- to book our day tours and Machu Picchu Tours or trekking tour, we need you to fill out our booking form with your personal information by clicking on BOOK NOW.
- Please be ready with the next information (FROM EACH PARTICIPANT in your group). We cannot purchase an entrance to Machu Picchu or the train without the following information:
- Personal information (your full name, exactly as on your passport):
- Passport number
- Full name
- D.OB. (dd / mm / yyyy)
- we require the total payment by this web
- It could be greatly appreciated if our clients pay in cash at your briefing time at the hotel (US dollars or Peruvian soles) here in Cusco. We have many cash machines in the historical center to withdraw money. You can also pay by PAYPAL online.
- According to our government Laws you must be under 18 years of age at the time of your trek, tour, or visit to Machu Picchu (students 18 & above need ISIC cards). For example, if you book a trek at the age of 17 but you turn 18 before you do your trek, you do not qualify for a student discount.
- students from 12 to 17 years old, they get discount of $20.
- children from age of 2 to 12 they get discount of $20.
- children from the age of 0 to 2 they are free.
- All students must send a copy of their passport at booking time to get the discount.
- We need a copy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The ISIC Student can get Discount of US$ 20.
- You must have a valid current internationally accepted ISIC card in your name.
- They could apply for the ISIC Card at https://www.isic.org/
- You must provide a copy of your ISIC card at your booking time.
- Send us a copy at email@example.com.
- No”. Once the tickets have been bought the government does not allow any changes, so we can’t change any departure date. Tickets are not transferable nor refundable unfortunately.
- If you cancel your Cusco Machu Picchu Tour, the deposit is not refundable at all!
- Yes, you have to get your original passport and it is very important and it have to be the same passport number that you sent to us at book time, and also train ticket, other entrances and reservations Will have the same document. The rangers will check when you enter Machu Picchu. The train company will also check your passport before to board you’re the train.
- In case you are changing your Passport or you lost and you get a new one, go ahead and send us your new passport information to secure your permit, and we can change it and when you get to our country no surprises and everything Will be fine.
- The climate in our country is very variant and does not consider the normal 4 seasons. Here, in just one day we can see all of the seasons! And this is why we recommend our visitors to be prepared for any occasion, either for rain or sunny days.
- A very important factor which alter our world is global warming, which has evolved into a high risky contributor due to the glaciers melting in Peruvian Andes, and it also affect the normal development of our weather.
- Nonetheless, something that is very marked in our country and in some cities here in the Andes is that we only have 2 main seasons during the year:
- Dry Season: We consider the dry season from the end of April until the end of September, in this period the first rains will start. For this reason, this is the best time to visit our region and our amazing Machu Picchu and also avoid any inconveniences.
- Rainy Season: This season starts on October until the end of April approximately, so during this time it is advised to all of our visitors to pack their belongings into waterproof bags, as in our region it can be sunny the first 2 hours and then have a heavy rain.
- We know that there are extreme climates worldwide, but this must not stop us from our longing and desire to explore the world, to discover marvelous cultures and interact with them. Be welcomed to Perú and Machu Picchu.
- This mountain is located inside Machu Picchu Archaeological Park, which is located at 300 meters more than Machu Picchu Inca Citadel; here it takes approximately just 45 minutes hiking up and other 45 minutes hiking down. This Mountain conserves some archaeological remains as the Moon Temple and other precincts that are interconnected with authentic trails, steps, tunnels and natural formatted caves which made the view more interesting. Without any doubt, this is one of the best attractions of Machu Picchu; the Huayna Picchu Mountain offers a 360 grades view and a stunning view of Machu Picchu Inca Citadel, Machu Picchu
- Mountain and the famous Sun Gate (Inti Punku). Currently our government through Ministry of Culture, maintain the visitors income controlled per day, only 400 tickets are offered per day and divided in 2 groups of 200 each. The first schedule starts from 7:00 to 08:00 am and the second from 10:00 to 11:00 am, for this reason its demand is growing day by day and if any of our visitors is interested in this hike, then it is necessary to make a booking at least with 3 months in advance in order to guarantee their visit to this extraordinary place.
- This mountain is located inside the park as well, and is only 1:20 hrs away hiking by your own. Once you reach the summit, you will take impressive photos with panoramic views of the entire valley in which is situated Machu Picchu inca citadel, you will also have impressive views of the Andes Mountain range and the glaciers that protect this unique ecosystem.
- The demand to obtain permits for this hike is quickly growing up, for this we advise a minimum of 2 months in advance to book the tickets, as there is a limit for visitors per day to experience this amazing hike. This hike has 2 schedules, the first from 07:00 am to 08:00 am and the second from 09:00 am to 10:00 am with a limit of 200 people per group.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.