Rainbow Mountain Cusco (Day Trip)
The mountain of 7 colors (VINICUNCA) is one of the majestic attractions present on the road to the APU AUSANGATE, is cataloged by the magazine NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC as one of the 100 places that must be visited in a lifetime.
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- All Fees and Taxes
- Certified Guide
- First aid kit
What's excluded :
- Day 01: Bus Cusco – Cusiapata – Chirihuani – Fulawasi – Rainbow Mountain – Chirihuani – Fula wasi – Cusco
The walk or tour to the Rainbow Mountain: The adventure begins very early at 04:30 a.m. we will begin the pick up for their different lodgings until 05:00 am, and then we will go to the picturesque Chirihuani town center of Cusipata district (Quispicanchi) south of the city of Cusco, where we will make a stop to provide some necessary things to start the tour such as water or energy drinks, snacks, cereals, etc.
At the end of this short stop, we will continue our journey where we will observe the multicolored landscapes and crops that mix between the mysterious mountains and snowy mountains, Andean animals such as the llama, alpaca, sheep, vicuñas and the deep valleys. We will arrive at 07:30 am to the picturesque town of Chirihuani, here we will enjoy a delicious Andean breakfast prepared by our Chef.
Then we return to our minuibus to go to Fula wasi. Starting point of our trek, we will start our trek for 1 HOUR AND 30 MINUTES, uphill until we reach the foothills of the VALLE ROJO (Vinicunca hill), place of access to this mystical place.
We will walk along a path that little by little will change the landscape between mountains of intense colors and small streams of icy water that feed and give life to this valley, as we walk we will observe how the colors of our surroundings will change due to the climate, we will arrive at an altitude of 5200 meters above sea level. Top of the mysterious mountain of 7 colors (Vinicunca).
This will be the point where we will have enough time to be able to take photos, videos, etc. At the same time it will be the place where we will enjoy our refreshment while our sight delights with the magic that the mountains enclose behind their veil of clouds and snowy peaks, after such an exquisite experience we will undertake the return walk to Chirihuani, where we will be waiting for our minibus to then go to the town of Fulawasi, where we will have a delicious buffet lunch prepared by our cook, later we will return to Cusco arriving at around 5:00 p.m., thus we finish the walk to the mountain of 7 colors.
Note: During the ascent we will have a backup horse in case of an emergency.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up our clients from any hostel or hotel within the historic centre of Cusco.
Departure Time :4:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.