Rainbow Mountain Cusco Shared Full Day Tour
Full day hike visiting the newly discovered, and now famous Rainbow Mountains in Vinicunca. You will spend a day in the Andes and make your way by foot to this hidden mountain. One and a life experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up from any hotel in Cusco
- Breakfast at the trailhead.
- Tour guide for the entire trip (English or Spanish speaking)
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- First-aid kit.
- Trekking poles.
What's excluded :
- Tips for your crew.
- Entrance fee into the park (S/10)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain, Cordillera de Vilcanota, Cusco 08225, Peru
We will pick you up from your Hotel in Cusco at 3:00 a.m. It is an about 3 and a half hour drive in our private van, during which we will pass through traditional villages and have an amazing view of the Andes. When we reach the starting point of the trail, we will stop for breakfast prepared by our trekking chef.
After breakfast we will start the hike from Pampachiri at a 3,700 m/12,139 ft elevation. From there it will be a 2 hour and a half uphill hike to reach the famous Rainbow Mountain. Along the way you will have the chance to enjoy an amazing view of the Andes, glacial peaks, red mountains, rocky hills, traditional llamas and alpacas grazing along the valley.
Once we arrive at the top of Rainbow Mountain, you´ll have a breathtaking views of the valleys and Ausangate Glacier Peak in front of you. Ausangate is the tallest mountain of the Cusco region (just under 21,000 ft) and is part of the Cordillera Vilcanota Range.
While you are enjoying the view hot drinks will be served and your guide will provide you with interesting information about the composition of these mountains and how they became striated in the rainbow of colors.
Our descent will be for around 2 hours, it is a downhill hike and a delicious, freshly made and hot lunch will be ready for us when we get there.
After lunch it would be nice to interact with the locals and then we will start our trip back to the Pampachiri village to catch our private van back to Cusco. We will drop you off at your hotel around 5 p.m.
Duration: 14 hours
Departure Point :Plaza De Armas, Oficina # 01 interior, Calle Plateros 326, Cusco 08000, Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
Establishments within the Historic Center of Cusco
Departure Time :4:30 AM
Return Detail :Plaza San Francisco, Cusco 08002, Peru
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Hiking shoes
- Sun screen
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.