Rainbow Mountain Full Day
The "Rainbow Mountain" in Cusco - Peru, also known as Vinicunca (5,300m), is an spectacular place near the snowy Ausangate glacier which is considered a sacred mountain by local people, is one of the most important deities of ancient Cusco. Since pre-Inca times, the mountain has been a place of worship and offerings and this tradition continues untill nowadays.
On this walk you will see picturesque villages, beautiful “adobe” houses, herds of llamas and alpacas, and you will have a magnificent view of the glacier Ausangate (6,385 m / 20,945 feet).
With the beauty and uninterrupted solitude, this is a spectacular journey for hikers who love a true outdoor adventure.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation (roundtrip)
- Professional guide English - Spanish.
- breakfast. and buffet lunch
- Buffet Lunch.
- First aid Kit. & portable oxigen
- Hiking Poles.
- Entry/Admission - Machupicchu Vip Tours
What's excluded :
- Horses $. 30.USD
- Travel and accident insurance.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Machupicchu Vip Tours, Cusco 08000 Peru
We will pick you up between 04:00 hrs. – 04:30 hrs. Then we are going to set out on a drive through the South Valley. The drive takes around 3 hours to get Cusipata community where we are going to stop for breakfast. After that we are going to drive you 15 minutes more to Quesiuno community (4,326 m / 14,189 ft.), where we are going to start with the trekking of 3 hours approx. long to the rainbow mountain (most of the way is going up). In the way up we are going to be able to enjoy amazing landscapes of herds of alpacas and llamas, the Ausangate Mountain, many red mountains and traditional local houses. When we finally reach our golal the Rainbow Mountains (5,020 m / 16,466 ft.), you will have time to explore the area and take pictures. We will spend approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour (depend of your trekking speed and weather conditions).
After the amazing view of the landscapes on the top we are going to down to the beginning of our trekking point, that take 2 hours approx. (Quesiuno community) where we are going to take our transportation to Cusipata community to have lunch. Then you are going to be drive to Cusco, and drop you at Regocijo square.
Duration: 12 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
we wil pick up at your hotel you booked
Departure Time :3:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Comfortable backpack for walking
- Hiking boots (Due to the height of the trek there may be some sections where snow has fallen)
- Hat for the sun, sunblock and sunglasses
- Warm clothes to be worn in layers including a hat and gloves
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.