Rainbow Mountain Hiking Tour from Cusco
The Rainbow Mountain of Peru, also known as Winicunca, is stunning and can be seen on the spectacular Rainbow Mountain and Ausangate Trek. It is considered a holy mountain (or mountain spirit) by local Peruvians and is the deity of Cusco. Since pre-Inca times the mountain has been a place of worship and offerings and this tradition continues today,
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English, Spanish speaking tour guide
- Pickup from your hotel 4:30 am
- Ground transportation
- Regular 1 breakfast, 01 Lunch
- Basic first aid kit
What's excluded :
- Trekking poles – you can rent them from us
- Travel /Health / Emergency insurance
- Entrance tickets (10 Soles)
- Horses ( available for rent ) 90 soles round trip.
- In the early morning, you will be picked up from your Cusco hotel and set out on a drive through the South Valley. The drive to the trail-head at Japura town (4,326m/14,189ft) is 3-hour long. Once at Japura, you will get continental breakfast.
Then a drive for 20 minutes to Quesuyuni village, and starting our hiking following a lovely stream. You will be surprised immediately by alpacas and llamas. See amazing views of the Ausangate Range. You will hike through villages and interact with the local native people.
Back on the trail, you will encounter more traditional elements of this trek, including potato fields and unique fauna. There is the possibility of seeing chinchillas and vicunas. Vicunas are the only non-domesticated animal of the llama family in Peru. Many red mountains are also a highlight of this portion of the hike.
After approximately two hours' hinking, you finally reach your destination. The Rainbow Mountains (5,012m/16000ft). After getting over the shock of their beauty, you will have time to explore the area. You will have time to take pictures and soak in the environment. There is plenty of time (approximately 30 minutes) to enjoy the view at the top and take pictures.
It is time to return back to the base, and you will hike downhill on the same route. Your private van will be waiting to return.
The return trip back is about 3-hours to drop you off at your Cusco hotel. Approximate arrival time is between 6 to 7pm.
Departure Point :From your hotel
Departure Time :4:30 am
Return Detail :Limac Pampa Square
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.