Rainbow Mountain like a local (Private)
Explore the unique and colorful Rainbow Mountain on this private full-day tour from Cusco. This full day hike will allow you to admire the beautiful scenery of the snow-capped mountains, the diverse flora and fauna, and pass some remote villages as you learn about why the mountain is so sacred to Peruvians and take some off the beaten path towards through the Khomer Cocha or Green Lake reaching Phullawasipata.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private excursion with English-Spanish speaking Guide.
- Private transportation in car or minivan (depending amount of travelers).
- Breakfast - Box Breakfast
- Lunch - Buffet Lunch at a local restaurant without beverages.
What's excluded :
- Tips, Personal Expenses.
- Emergency horse, Trekking poles.
- What to wear/bring: Light day pack, Hiking boots, Warm jacket, Hat warm fleece, Walking sticks
- What to wear/bring: Waterproof jacket/rain poncho, T-shirt, Comfortable trousers, Sun hat, Gloves,
- What to wear/bring: Sunscreen, Toilet paper, Personal medication, Camera and films, Sunglasses.
You will depart towards the south of Cuzco leaving around 4 am. After approx. 2 hrs, you will arrive at Cusipata and detour towards the mountain. On the road, you will be able to see alpacas, llamas and natives from the area. At your arrival to Phullawasipata (4626 meters) you will enjoy a box breakfast. Then, you will start trekking for 2 hours upwards to the crest of the Red Valley. You will have two lookout points from where you can appreciate the three mountains in the area, Hatun R’iti, Inca and Surimana, and the beautiful view of the Puka Cocha Lake (Red Lake). You will arrive at the peak which is 5038 meters, here you can observe the Red Valley as well as the Apu Ausangate. You will continue with the trek descending towards the Rainbow Mountain and 30 minutes later, you will arrive at the lookout point of the Vinicunca Mountain (Rainbow Mountain).
The last leg will be descending towards the Khomer Cocha or Green Lake. This trek will be more special since you will probably be the only one taking this route for about 2 hours until you reach Phullawasipata. Here, your transfer will take you to enjoy a buffet lunch at a local restaurant before being transferred back to Cuzco.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from your hotel in Cusco.
Departure Time :4:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.