Rainbow Mountain (Palccoyo) By Car
Challenge yourself and get a great payoff on this 12-hour day trip to Rainbow Mountain (Palccoyo Mountain) from Cusco. This little-known spot in Peru is not only a must-see because of its naturally colourful mountains, but it’s the perfect location to take trip pics.
per adult from
What's included :
- Official Guide
- Round Trip Transport
- Lunch and tea/coffee
- First Aid Kit
- Oxygen Shots
What's excluded :
- Entrance to Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain
- Entry/Admission - Cordillera del Arcoiris Palccoyo
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cordillera del Arcoiris Palccoyo, 08235, Peru
The meeting point is in the atrium of the Cathedral of the Plaza de Armas, from 6:50 am to 7:00 am. Our journey would take about an hour and a half towards the district of Checacupe. Here we will have an average of 10 to 15 min. To know the 3 bridges of the area (Colonial, Republican and Inca), we will also take advantage of the opportunity to buy snacks and make use of the toilets. After this stop we will go to the community of Palcoyo that will take a time of 2:20 hrs, to get to the starting point of our route. The starting point of the walk is located at 4100 masl from where we will start a 40 minute walk to the first lookout point located at 4800 masl where we can observe the Palcoyo mountain range for about 30 minutes of free time to take pictures and explore the zone. On the return of our hike we will visit the Stone Forest located at 4900 m.s.m., then make the descent through the Red Valley and return to the starting point of our walk. We will board our transport to go back to the district of CUSIPATA, where we will have an exquisite lunch at the New Restaurant 7 GERANIOS. After lunch we will return to the city of Cusco at approximately 6:30 p.m.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will be picking you up from your hotel within the historic centre of Cusco
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.