Rainbow Mountains (Vinicunca)
Journey through an undiscovered land of wild desert landscapes, snow capped peaks, herds of alpaca, and arrive at the ultimate destination – The “Rainbow Mountain” hidden deep in the Andes.
Throughout your journey you will pass through a vibrant green valley with the impressive Ausangate mountain towering in the distance. You will experience first hand how locals live in the mountains and even have a chance to speak with them. As you get closer to the Rainbow Mountain you will begin to see the first signs of the coloured minerals that formed the painted hills. Your guide will explain what makes up the existence of the “Rainbow Mountain”, and finally with one last push you will hike up to a vantage point that gives you a 360 degree view of the beautiful landscape that makes up this sacred land in Cusco – Perú.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bi-lingual Guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance (10 Soles)
- Entry/Admission - Cerro Colorado Vinicunca
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cerro Colorado Vinicunca, Apv- Tipon-n11, Cusco 08004 Peru
We will pick you up between 03:00 – 03:15 am. Then we will drive through the South Valley. The drive takes around 3 hours to get Hanchipacha community where we will stop for breakfast. We will then drive for 15 minutes to Quesiuno community (4,326 m / 14,189 ft.), where we will start the trek for 3 hours approx. to the rainbow mountain (most of the way is going up). On the way up will be rewarded with breath taking sights of herds of alpacas and llamas, the Ausangate Mountain, many red mountains and traditional local houses. When we finally reach our destination, the Rainbow Mountains (5,020 m / 16,466 ft.), you will have time to explore the area and take pictures. We will spend approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour (depending on your trekking speed and weather conditions).After the spectacular sights from the top we will go down to the starting point, that will take approximately 2 hours. (Quesiuno community) from where we will take the transport to Hanchipacha community to have lunch. Then we will start our journey back to Cusco.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :4:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.