Rainforest & Nocturnal Wildlife Tour
Discover a World Heritage Listed rainforest by day and night on this small-group tour
Spot a wild platypus at a private viewing platform
Enjoy your afternoon by the stunning Lake Barrine
Venture into the rainforest after dark to spot the nocturnal animals that call it home
Have a delicious dinner at a restaurant in Yungburra
per adult from
What's included :
- Expert guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Afternoon tea
- Wet weather gear, if required
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yungaburra QLD 4884, Australia
Departing from your Cairns or Northern Beaches accommodation, head south to view the agile wallabies that live within the city limits. Make a second stop at the Cathedral Fig Tree, an 8,000-year-old Strangler fig with a giant root system. Enjoy an afternoon tea at the world-renowned Lake Barrine before walking through the rainforest. Keep your eyes out for musky rat-kangaroo, Boyd's forest dragon, rainforest birds, butterflies and flying foxes.
After a quick stop at Lake Eacham, visit a private access platypus viewing area in Yungaburra for a 90% chance of seeing the unique mammal. Enjoy a delicious dinner at a restaurant in the township of Yungburra. Then, your nighttime spotlighting adventure begins! Walk under the night stars and into the rainforest. Look out for Lumholtz's tree-kangaroo, northern leaf-tailed gecko, ringtail possums, gliders, frogs, owls and more. Return to Cairns at around 10:00 PM and Northern Beaches at around 10:30 PM.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up is available from your accommodation in Port Douglas
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.