Rathlin Island Walking Tour
Rathlin Island is a walker's paradise. The roads are mainly well-surfaced and they aren’t too busy, while you can also walk off road in permitted areas. Your guide is Paul Quinn, a native of the Causeway Coast and a keen explorer of the history and heritage of his local area who has built up an intimate knowledge of the island and its way of life through exploration and study. Walk options range from 90 minutes to a full day. Advance booking is essential and the details of your itinerary will be agreed at that point.
per adult from
2 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Rathlin Island
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rathlin Island Northern Ireland
Our walks take place on a combination of surfaced roads and designated trails. Different routes are available so please ask at time of booking. If you walk to the Rue Lighthouse along the spectacular cliffs at Roonivoolin you will be covering about half the island. Keep your ears open to hear the distinctive call of the chough: an island bird rarity. Altacarry or Rathlin East Lighthouse is another way to go. Sorry, you can’t get to see around the East light. If you visit the RSPB Seabird Centre (the other end of Rathlin), you will be able to see inside that lighthouse.
Duration: 5 hours
Pass By: InSite Tours Ireland, 11 Tamlaghduff Road Bellaghy, Magherafelt BT45 8JQ Northern Ireland
Ours are no ordinary tours of Ireland. We are a multiple award-winning tour business, offering specialised guided private luxury tours as well as tour planning for anyone interested in exploring Ireland’s rich history and culture. Your lead guide Paul Quinn and our very own company director Fergal Kearney invite you off the beaten track to really immerse yourself in the authentic Irish experience. Join the many others who have rated us 5 Stars on TripAdvisor and discover Ireland’s Beating Heart.
Departure Point :Rathlin Island Ferry, 18 Bayview Rd, Ballycastle BT54 6BT, UK
Departure Time :11:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with serious mobility conditions
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.