Red Canyon, Desert & Kibbutz Life
The best that the Southern Arava desert has to offer! Walk through the Red Canyon, see the spectacular sand dunes within the Ovda Valley.
For a better taste of the desert, try the local desert-produced wines at Kibbutz Neot Semadar while learning about the lifestyle and values of collective communal kibbutz. See the future reflected in the transformations which the Kibbutz is undergoing from traditional agricultural lifestyle to the booming technology of today!
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Snacks - Tastings at the Kibbutz Neot Semadar Winery
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Red Canyon, Eilat Israel
On this tour, we will visit some of the most breathtaking natural landscapes in the south of Israel. We will begin with a hike along the walls of the Red Canyon, sculpted over millions of years by water and wind, and featuring magnificent backdrops and undisturbed desert trails.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Neot Semadar Art Center בית האומנויות נאות סמדר, kibbutz Neot semadar, Eilat, 8886000, Israel
At Kibbutz Neot Semadar, we will explore its iconic arts complex and learn about Kibbutz life from one of the most ecologically minded communities in the Arava Valley. Taste the wines made here using grapes from the local organic farm, where harsh desert conditions and heightened altitude contribute to the complex and full bodied flavors.
Enjoy the local fruits, vegetables, and cheeses at Pundak Neot Semadar, a restaurant and shop that features healthy vegetarian meals you can buy for lunch and produce from the organic farm at the Kibbutz.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Park Yotvata, Yotvata, 8882000, Israel
Kibbutz Ketura will offer us insight into the transformation from traditional agriculture to technological farming. Here, we will see the ‘Methuselah’, an endangered date palm tree which was cultivated and planted from a seed that was found during the Masada archeological excavations dating back 2000 years, and the Ketura Sun, the first solar farm generating clean electricity in the Middle East.
The tour will conclude after our final stop at Kibbutz Yotvata, the first Kibbutz in the Arava region, famous for its sustainable dairy farming and excellent ice cream!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Eilat Information Center-eilat ramon, Mishol Hatoren, Bet Hagesher 8 Northern Beach Promenade, Eilat 88000 Israel
Approximate return hour at 17:00
Departure Point :Shfifon St 3, Eilat, Israel
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 38 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.