Red Rocks, Dinosaur Tracks, & Gold Mine Full-Day Tour
This tour is unique because we take guests on a trail that only locals know about at St. Mary's Glacier Hike. We will ascend through the stunning Colorado forest and end with a breathtaking panoramic view.This is one of the most accessible and fulfilling trails in Colorado (1.5 miles round-trip). Additionally, we will go to Beau Jo’s Pizza for famous Colorado Mountain style pizza where the crust is baked with honey. No other pizza compares and is something you can only get here.
You'll get to stroll back in time through a mine that has been passed down for 4 generations. At the end you will receive an expert lesson in panning for gold and have the chance to test your skills (and keep what you find!) on this tour. We have the insider access from start to finish during this tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Snacks - We will provide snacks during the hike (granola bars)
- Sports equipment, Outdoor gear, Safety equipment, Creative supplies, Camera and Photography DSLR camera, Crampons/Snowshoes, Ski Goggles, Sleds(winter season only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Parking Fees
- Parking and fee to gold mine
- Entry/Admission - Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre
- Entry/Admission - Phoenix Gold Mine
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre, 18300 W Alameda Pkwy, Morrison, CO 80465-8737
When visiting Red Rocks you will learn about the history and geology. This Amphitheatre is ranked one of the best in the world, for obvious reasons. When you walk in from the top entrance you will be surrounded by two sections of red rocks and an outstanding view of Denver, CO. Here we will take photos of you with a DSLR camera, which is free for all our guests.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Dinosaur Ridge, 16831 W Alameda Pkwy, Morrison, CO 80465-9703
Travel back in time nearly over 200 million years ago when dinosaurs roamed the great planes of Colorado. Learn all about the ancient dinosaurs and why Dinosaur Ridge became famous. The world’s first known Stegosaurus and Apatosaurus fossils were found here during the late 19th century which started the “dinosaur rush”.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Phoenix Gold Mine, 800 Trail Creek Rd. I-70, Exit 238, Idaho Springs, CO 80452
Travel back in time on this family-friendly adventure to the Phoenix Gold Mine. That has been passed down for 4 generations. The mine is filled with photos, antiques and plenty of history and facts about early life at the mill, particularly during the Gold Rush Era. You'll get an expert lesson in panning for gold and have the chance to test your skills (and keep what you find!) on this tour.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Beau Jo's Idaho Springs, 1517 Miner St, Idaho Springs, CO 80452, USA
Afterwards we will eat lunch at Beau Jo's, which has been around since 1880 and is one of Colorado's hidden gems. Idaho Springs has a population of 1,717 people and is a gold mining town founded in 1859 during the Gold Rush.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1920 17th St, Denver, CO 80202, USA
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.