We will begin the excursion with a visit to the pre-Hispanic town of Socaire, characterized by its cultivation terraces. Then we will go to the high plateau, where we will first visit the Miscanti Lagoon and Miñiques Lagoon, habitat of aquatic birds and mammals, such as culpeo foxes and vicuñas. We will continue to the Salar de Talar (also known as Salar de Aguas Calientes) and the Piedras Rojas viewpoint, from where we can see this extension of reddish volcanic stones that will surprise you with their shape and the exceptional natural environment where they are located.
The excursion continues in the Salar de Atacama, the largest salt flat in Chile and the third largest salt flat in the world. There we will walk along the paths of Laguna Chaxa, nesting place and habitat for the three species of flamingos that inhabit Chile: Andean flamenco, Chilean flamenco and James flamenco. Finally, we will visit the town of Toconao, its Church of San Lucas and its characteristic fruit orchards.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Piedras Rojas
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piedras Rojas, San Pedro de Atacama 1410000 Chile
We know the town of Socaire, Lagunas Miniques and Miscanti, Piedras Rojas, Lagunas Chaxa and we end the day with the only town of Toconao.
Breakfast and lunch included.
Pick up at your Hotel
Hours: Summer / Winter 7: 00-7: 30hrs until 18h00.
Duration: 11 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up our customers from all the hotel in San Pedro de Atacama
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.