Reel to Real: Hollywood & Downtown LA Tour
Want to experience more of the real Los Angeles? On this tour you'll start the day in Hollywood and learn all about how and why the movie business first moved to this small town in the Wild West. There's a lot of history hidden in plain site in this most famous of neighborhoods and you'll learn about it all, as well as see the many iconic buildings that dot the storied Boulevard.
Next you'll take the subway (ticket included) to downtown. This is where the city began in 1781 and it's the largest historic downtown of any major city in America. It has a lot of beautiful architecture, but it's definitely not a museum - it's the most dynamic and interesting part of the city (with the best restaurants and bars too).
* Tour starts 10am daily
* Travel on Los Angeles Metro included in ticket price
* There’s a big range of food options and all types of diet can be accommodated (vegan, gluten-free etc)
per adult from
What's included :
- Travel on Los Angeles Metro is included in ticket price.
- Tour Guide.
What's excluded :
- Gratuities not included. Please allow 15-20%.
- Lunch - Lunch/Snacks are not included.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hollywood Walk of Fame, Hollywood Blvd at Vine St, Los Angeles, CA 90028
On the Hollywood leg of the tour we go back in time to when the name first appeared on maps in the 1880’s, then we’ll tell you how and why the start-up movie industry first moved to this small farming town in the early twentieth century. By walking the streets of Hollywood you’ll get the chance to discover the many hidden historic sites in the area (such as the oldest house in Hollywood, where Charlie Chaplin’s kids went to school), as well offering you the best up close and personal experiences of such icons as the Walk of Fame, the Capitol Records Building, the Egyptian Theater, the Dolby Theater (the home of the Oscars) and the TCL Chinese Theater.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Civic Center, Downtown, Los Angeles, CA 90012
We take the Red Metro Line to the heart of the city where the tour emerges in Grand Park, an oasis in the middle of the Civic Center. From there we stop at the Music Center (where we check out the famous Walt Disney Concert Hall) and the Broad Museum.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Grand Central Market, 317 S Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90013-1222
What better place for lunch than this venerable institution(its over a hundred years old)? If you're a foodie you'll be in paradise and even if you're not you'll love the choice and affordability.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Downtown Historic District, Los Angeles, CA
Every week hip new restaurants, bars, Apple stores, creative offices and apartment blocks are opening in the area. Many people don’t realize it’s also the best-preserved historic downtown of any major city in America (with some of the best architecture in the world, including many beautiful examples of the Beaux Arts, Art Nouveau, Art Deco, modern and post-modern styles).
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Hollywood Pantages Theatre, 6233 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :7th Street / Metro Center Station, Los Angeles, CA 90017, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Aim to get to the meeting point 10-15 minutes early. If you’re late you may miss the tour.
- This tour is not recommended for children under 15 y.o.
- By making a booking for this tour you agree to be bound by The Real Los Angeles Tours terms of service.
- This is a walking tour and we move at a reasonable pace. If you have mobility issues please book a private tour via our website.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.