Reindeer Experience, Sami Culture, and Short Reindeer Sledding Tour from Tromso
Visit a reindeer camp outside of Tromsø on this 4 hour tour that introduces you to a little Sami culture. You'll have a chance to feed a herd of 300 reindeer, take a 15-minute reindeer sled ride, and then gather inside a Sami tent for a hot meal and to hear stories about Sami culture around the campfire. A guide also performs a joik, traditional Sami folk song.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off at designated meeting points
- Transportation to camp
- 10 to 15-minute reindeer sleigh ride
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Use of warm overalls
- Entry/Admission - Tromso Arctic Reindeer / Sami Arctic Reindeer
What's excluded :
- Anything not covered in Inclusions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tromso, Tromsø, Norway
After meeting in front of the Radisson Blu Hotel take the bus for a 25-minute drive by the nice coast of Tromsø to arrive at the destination, the Sami camp, where the reindeer and the rest of our guides will be waiting for you.
Stop At: Tromso Arctic Reindeer / Sami Arctic Reindeer, Fv53 1570, 9022 Krokelvdalen, Norway
Enjoy a 10-15 minute sleigh ride as the reindeer guide you around the valley and along the coast. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to feed 300 of these magnificent animals before entering the gamme for a hot traditional meal cooked over the fire. Finish the day by gathering around the fire to listen to Sami history, stories and joiking (songs).
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Tromso, Tromso, Troms, Northern Norway
Drive back to the city centre. The bus will stop at the same place where you met our guides at the beginning of the tour.
Departure Point :Sjøgata 7, 9008 Tromsø, Norway
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- What to bring or wear: Warm clothes (at least two layers), gloves, hat, and good winter boots
- Vegetarian option available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 70 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.