Republican Loyalist Mural & Peacewall Black Taxi Tour from Belfast
Every city has it’s shopping and coffee culture but Belfast city has a unique past after coming out of 30 years of conflict.Your guides are the original drivers who had to transport their communities through the bullets and bombs of THE TROUBLES and have their lives at risk every time they seat in their black cabs.
The North of Ireland has become famous for the murals painted in almost every area of the country . These pictures of IRA ,UVF murals are often flashed around the world on news bulletins or used as a backdrop when interviewing people. They often depict the history and political views of both traditions and are a way of marking territory. These wall paintings often look intimidating but they have become as much of a tourist attraction as many of the regular attractions within Belfast and beyond.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup from Belfast city center (1 km radius from Belfast city hall)
What's excluded :
- Pickup from airports,train stations and cruise ship ports (surcharge to be paid on the day in cash only)
- World famous Black Taxi Tour, Belfast is a beautiful changing city and a amazing holiday destination, but it has a troubled past. For over 30 years the city was enthralled in a British/Irish war. Fought between the mainly Republican and loyalist ,British army and Police. Out of the chaos came some of Belfast’s most recognizable landmarks its political murals.Belfast famous Black Taxi Tours are the original taxi drivers who drove the war reporters around the hot spots during THE WAR.Having been facilitating
murals tours for over two decades we are the first choice for your local taxi tour. Our 2 hour
mural tours take you from Loyalist to Republican areas taking in both sides of the famous peace walls and how they depicted their war efforts through amazingly detailed murals. All our drivers have lived through the bloodshed and give you an insight into the history behind it all and their own experiences living through it.
Departure Point :Belfast city center (1 km radius from city hall) or your Belfast accommodation
Departure Time :7am – 7pm please confirm a time when booking
Return Detail :Concludes in Belfast city center
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.