Resava Treasury Day Trip from Belgrade
Get ready for a "time-machine" trip and travel through millions of years! Discover the hidden treasure of Mother Nature and monumental gems of the Serbian Medieval state.
An hour of a ride from Belgrade will take you to the 15th century - the epoch of Stefan Lazarević, an outstanding Serbian ruler. Step in the Stronghold of Manasija Monastery surrounded by a powerful fortification with 11 towers and feel the atmosphere of Medieval Europe.
Proceed to the next destination and get chills from the low temperature and beauty of Resava Cave that is 80 million years old. Peek at this silent maze and admire decorative art created by ingenious nature!
Let the splashes of Lisine waterfall wake you up after the darkness of the Cave and enjoy the view of the crystal clear water rushing down the hill. Isn't it the best place to have lunch at and try fresh trout from the local pound?
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance ticket to the Resava Cave
- Entry/Admission - Manasija Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Resavska Cave
- Entry/Admission - Vodopad Veliki Buk
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Lisinski raj - restoran sa prenoćištem
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Manasija Monastery, 280, Serbia, Despotovac Serbia
For those who cannot stand more than a day without nature, those who need to see the undressed side of any destination and speak with locals in rural areas, we prepared a special tour focused on the treasure of the central-eastern part of Serbia.
We are taking you to discover the gemstones of Mother Nature and the medieval culture in the flourishing Resava valley.
The tour begins with a drive through hills whose green scenery will prepare you for the wonder of the Resava (river) gorge where the medieval Manasija monastery complex is located. Mighty towers from the 15th century will make you feel deep respect towards the treasure it protects. This complex with its magical atmosphere was built by one of the most respected rulers in Medieval Europe as he was one of the 21 nobles in the Order of the Dragon. His idea was to make a stronghold which will be the religious and cultural seat of the medieval Serbian state along with the Church of Saint Trinity, as well as the school and library of the Resava Scriptorium. Even though this monastery was destroyed a couple of times, you will have a chance to enjoy the preserved floor mosaics, wall frescoes and architectural objects which represent a true rarity for Serbian medieval architecture and old Serbian art.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Resavska Cave, 20 km from Despotovac, Despotovac Serbia
In order to get a broad view and discover the beauty of nature, we take you to the Resava Cave that was not discovered long ago and it keeps the title of one of the most interesting caves in Serbia.
The maze of Resava cave with the 11-hectare area will be an unforgettable experience. Its jewelry is counting 45 million years, its galleries constant temperature of 7°C and its humidity is between 80 and 100 per cent. All of the above are reasons why Resava Cave is protected by the State and listed among the most beautiful caves in the region. We will take care of you and make sure you feel safe and secure at all times while you explore this remarkable creation of nature.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Vodopad Veliki Buk, Despotovac Serbia
After the chilly cave, you can freely take off your jacket (which is mandatory for the cave sightseeing) and enjoy the freshness of the splashing Lisine waterfall. It represents a unique phenomenon among the accumulative tufa waterfalls of Serbia, and with its power and height of 25m, it is absolutely breathtaking. You will be able to enjoy the view of the crystal clear water and the peaceful sound of nature.
For those who would like to combine nature and culture, give yourself remarkable experience at the Resava region.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Lisinski raj - restoran sa prenoćištem, Lisine, Strmosten, Serbia
Also, you have just discovered the best lunch spot! Enjoy your free time savoring delicious food with some fresh trout from the local pound!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Studentski trg 3, Beograd 11000, Serbia
Traveler pickup is offered
Meet your guide at the reception of your accommodation or at a location cited in the confirmation message which will be sent a day before.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Comfortable shoes. Jacket for the Resavska Cave.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.