Research of Ejnar Dyggve in Ancient Salona Tour from Split
Dyggve trained as an architect but we know as an archaeologist who left his deepest footprint in the study Dalmatian localities. Especially ancient Salona.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Salona
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- His extensive architectural documentation of ancient amphitheater in Salona published in 1933 in the Frane Bulić’s book is still the starting point for all the archaeologists who investigate the area and early Christian architecture of Dalmatia.
He was absolutely fascinated by plenty of archaeological site in Dalmatia. It is well known that he come to heard reach places by horse, car, his Danish’s bike or fish boat.
Please come with us and see Salona by his eyes – ancient city and capital of Roman province on the Dalmatian coast which is up today amazing place. You will learn how the people lived here almost 2000 years ago. Did you know that Roman emperor Diocletian was born there?
Departure Point :Meeting point: parking near Hotel Salona Palace (ul. don Frane Bulića 87, 21210 Solin)
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.