Reykjanes Peninsula Day Trip by Super Jeep from Reykjavik
Exploration by Super Jeep of incredible aspects of bird’s life & Iceland’s volcanic landscapes with cliffs, volcanoes, lava fields, hot springs & craters of various kinds…
Highlights of the Tour include Kleifarvatn (A magic lake and its barren shores), Seltún (A spectacular geothermal area), Grænavatn (Breathtaking lake and surroundings), Stóra and Litla Eldborg (Two natural shaped craters), Krisuvikurberg (The shelter of many birds species, Gunnuhver (The largest geothermal field of the peninsula), Valahnukar (The perfect evidence of volcanic activity), Leifur Eiríksson Bridge (The bridge between Continents), Sog (The colorful gorge) and a surprise.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up and drop off
- Round trip transportation
- Professional guidance
- Wi-fi connection
- Hot drinks on board
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Reykjanes Peninsula is a perfect place to discover Iceland. With its valleys flows into the lava, its bare heights, its dark rocks and gaping craters, these exceptional landscapes the peninsula show us the wonderfully unusual character of the country.
In this part of the island, it is the elements that dictate the world how to live. This strip of land located in the southwest of Iceland is marked by active underground volcanic activity. Its cooled lava soil, that does not allow the vegetation to grow revealing bald reliefs and dark rocks typical of volcanic areas, a moonscape shaped by lava flows…
What you will see:
Kleifarvatn: This lake sits on a highly active volcanic fissure zone. The lake is surrounded by black sand shores and volcanic mountains. After the series of earthquakes in 2000, the lake began to disappear into a large fissure created by one of the earthquakes : an enigmatic phenomenon.
Seltún: This place has many mudpots and fumaroles, heated by an underground magma chamber. Sulphuric water and gases have created colorful deposits. We will take a wooden pathways to explore this fascinating area, especially when a new maar is born with a spectacular explosion.
Grænavatn: It is a gorgeous emerald colored lake caused by a combination of thermal algae and sunlight absorbing crystals.
Stóra and Litla Eldborg: two perfectly-formed scoria craters. They are a part of a lava ring. You will enjoy this amazing moonscape.
Krisuvikurberg: one of Iceland’s best-known bird-cliffs and the highest cliffs in the southwest part of Iceland. It is a home for almost 60 000 pairs of birds – mostly gulls, guillemots, razorbills, fulmars. From the middle of March to the end of August you can watch also puffins.
Gunnuhver: This place is both surprising and enchanting. This is a crater with ocher and orange stones that contrast with the turquoise milky waters of a lake located at the top.
Valahnukar: We continue our trip to a desert volcanic lava area. From there the view is amazing, you can see those cliffs and rocks growing straight out of the ocean and explore a mountain composed of tuff layers, pillow lava and breccia.
Leifur Eiríksson Bridge: unique place where two of the Earth’s tectonic plates split. You will have the opportunity to walk over this footbridge which crosses the fissure. This 18 meters long bridge, in a symbolic purpose, illustrates the phenomenon of continental drift and connects the tectonic plates.
Sog: This place appeared after a volcanic eruption under a glacier who was covering the area a long time ago. You will be astonished by this colorful site and the mind-blowing surroundings.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.