Reykjavik Shore Excursion: Puffin Sightseeing Cruise
When your cruise ship docks at Reykjavik Port, take a 1-hour shore excursion to Akurey Island to see where one of Iceland’s largest colony of puffins live! Choose from four different start times, and after a 15-minute cruise, glide around the island, seeing its puffins and other native bird life like Black Guillemots and Arctic Terns. Learn about the captivating wildlife from an onboard guide and then return to Reykjavik.
per adult from
What's included :
- Binoculars to use on board
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee - round trip transfers from Skarfabakki Harbour
- Expert guide on every tour
- NEW - Special Tours App (available in English, German, French, Spanish, and Chinese)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
Meet your expert guide at the Special Tours ticket office before boarding. On this 1 hour tour you will learn all about the amazing puffins and other birds that frequent the islands during the summer months. Other birds spotted include Northern Fulmars, Gulls, Arctic Terns, and Black Guillemots.
Our Puffin Watching Tours are very cozy and comfortable, and they only take one hour, which is convenient for Iceland‘s tourists’ precious time.
This tour provides round-trip transfers to and from Skarfabakki Harbour for cruise ship passengers.
• Special Tours, Geirsgata 11 Reykjavík's Old Harbour, Reykjavik 101 Iceland
Departure Point :Ægisgarður 13, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Please be ready at the bus area in the port and be on the lookout for a Special Tours minibus.Ports
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that complimentary transfers are only applicable for passengers from Skarfabakki Harbour. Miðbakki (the alternative dock) is a very short walk to the departure point for this tour.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are following all health & safety guidelines in accordance with the Icelandic government. The gathering ban is set to 500 people, meaning that all of our tours can sail at full capacity. We are still limiting the number of passengers allowed on tours to ensure space for social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.