Reykjavik Shore Excursion: Whale-Watching Cruise
Choose from a 2.5 or 3.5h shore excursion at a time to suit you – morning or afternoon – and then hop aboard your whale-watching boat at Reykjavik Port. Watch out for the incredible marine life for which Iceland is famed as you head toward the waters of Faxaflói Bay. Your guide will hand you a pair of warm (and waterproof!) coveralls to wear, should you need them, enabling you to sightsee without feeling the cold. Listen to your guide explain the different species of whales that are found in Iceland, and hear captivating tales about encounters with these magnificent sea creatures. The waters around Faxaflói Bay are home to porpoises and white-beaked dolphins as well as whales, and the creatures often surface close to the boat; have your camera ready! Your cruise has a 90 percent success rate for seeing whales, but in the unlikely event that you don’t see any your guide will give you a complimentary ticket for another boat ride.
per adult from
3 hours 50 minutes
What's included :
- Free ticket to try again if nothing is seen on your tour
- Use of thermal overalls - also available in children's sizes!
- Free WiFi
- Complimentary sea sickness tablets, if needed
- NEW - Special Tours App (available in English, German, French, Spanish, and Chinese)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Wave goodbye to Reykjavik Port and head out on a whale-watching cruise around Faxaflói Bay! Choose from two shore excursions – a leisurely 3.5-hour cruise or a 2.5-hour high-speed cruise – and then sit back and relax aboard your sightseeing boat. Watch out for porpoises, white-beaked dolphins, minke whales and humpback whales that swim in abundance around the area, and learn all about them from an onboard guide.
NEW - the new Special Tours Iceland App is available for all clients to download before or during the tour, with both text and audio information about your tour, wildlife, and the surrounding nature. Available for Andriod and Apple in English, German, French, Spanish, and Chinese.
Departure Point :Geirsgata 11, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Skarfabakki Harbour, Reykjavík, Iceland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are following all health & safety guidelines in accordance with the Icelandic government. The gathering ban is set to 100 people, and our capacity has been adjusted accordingly. Masks must be worn during this tour. Please respect the 2 meter social distancing while checking in and queuing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.