Reykjavik Volcanoes & Kleifarvatn - Fill your life with experiences, not things
Did you know that on the outskirts of Reykjavik, numerous active volcanoes lie hidden in the vast lava field and colorful moss. As we depart from Reykjavik Domestic Airport, we get closer to the powerful Reykjanes Peninsula. We fly towards the beautiful Lake Kleifarvatn but a row of active volcanoes run along its length as well as Búrfellsgjá, a lava tunnel that was formed over 8.000 years ago in a single eruption. Great place for photographers because of the volcanic surroundings.
Get your loved ones together in this picture with Lake Kleifarvatn as the perfect backdrop.
Total duration is about 40-45 minutes or about 20 min guided helicopter tour and a 20 minute landing.
We can fit up to 6 passengers on our helicopter and in order for this tour to be flown, we need a minimum of 4 passengers.
*If you are a solo traveler, let us know to see if we can find a convenient option for you to share rides with other groups.
40 to 45 minutes
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - For special occasions our pilots tend to open the bubbly and make a toast
- Professional pilot
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Reykjavik, Reykjavik, Capital Region
As we depart from the airport we fly over Reykjavik on our way to Lake Kleifarvatn
Stop At: Kleifarvatn, Iceland
On this tour we visit Lake Kleifarvatn. A large lake located on the Reykjanes peninsula surrounded by dormant volcanoes. We find a good spot to land and enjoy the view. Your pilot will be happy to snap a picture of you and your loved ones and for special occasions our pilots tend to open some bubbly and toast for life.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :REYJAVIK FBO, Nauthólsvegur 101, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Keep in mind this tour is quite weather dependent as we fly into mountain area and during winter time when we have shorter days and unpredictable weather we sometimes need to alter the route and even change departure dates and times with short notice. We monitor the weather quite frequently and our aim is to maximize our guests experience so know we are doing our very best.
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum passengers in order to be flown are 4 passengers. Contact our sales dept. if you are a solo traveler looking for a tour to share with others.
- We recommend booking this tour early in your travels just in case weather restrictions apply on your desired date and rescheduling is needed.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.