Rhine Falls and Stein am Rhein Half-Day Tour from Zurich
Visit the magnificent Rhine Falls and pretty village of Stein am Rhein on this 5-hour trip from Zurich. With a guide, you'll travel through northern Switzerland’s rolling wine country to the falls, Europe’s largest. View the roaring waters from clifftop Laufen Castle, and, in summer, choose to ride a boat close up to the cascades. Afterward, take a guided stroll around medieval Stein am Rhein to admire its fresco-painted, half-timber houses and other historical highlights. You will meet in Central Zurich, but your tour includes also optional Zurich airport pickup and drop-off, ideal if you’re short on time.
per adult from
5 hours 15 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Walking tour at Stein am Rhein
- Visit of Rhine Falls
- Entry/Admission - Rhine Falls
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Boat ride at Rhine Falls (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Zurich, Zurich
Sit back and relax on a comfortable coach while listening to your multilingual guide explaining about Switzerland's interesting history and culture. The journey takes you along the Grand Tour of Switzerland through picturesque landscape with gently rolling vineyards and charming farming villages close to the German border.
Stop At: Rhine Falls, Rheinfallquai, Neuhausen am Rheinfall 8212 Switzerland
Reach the first highlight of this afternoon at splendid medieval Castle Laufen – the mighty Rhine Falls! Enjoy about one hour leisure time at Europe's biggest waterfalls and one of Switzerland's major tourist attractions! Delight unique views from the panoramic lift and see how an average of 700'000 liters of water per second plunge across a width of 150 meters into the basin below. The Belvedere panoramic trail brings you to the viewing platform right above the falls where you feel the spindrift of the rumbling waters. Take an optional boat ride (summer only, additional costs) close to the falls.
Enjoy an hour here to see an exhibition, admire panoramic views from the glass elevator, or walk to the viewpoints above and around the falls to thrill at their roar and power. The site also has a playground, shops and restaurants. Perhaps opt for a boat ride (Subject to availability and not included in price) to experience the crashing cascades close up.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Stein am Rhein, Stein am Rhein
Continue via Schaffhausen with its well-known Munot Fortress and passing through the beautiful countryside to the medieval town of Stein am Rhein. On a guided stroll, you learn about the well-preserved old town with its many distinctive buildings. Most of these half-timbered houses are made of stone with delicate wooden windows and stun visitors with their exceptional frescoes. The most prominent of these houses is the White Eagle, whose fresco counts as the oldest preserved mural painting of the Renaissance in Switzerland.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Zurich, Zurich
After some time at leisure, drive back in the evening to Zürich.
Departure Point :Best of Switzerland Tours AG, Sihlquai Coach Parking, Limmatstrasse 4, 8005 Zürich, Switzerland
Departure Time :1:15 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Approved Health & Safety Concept COVID-19 under the "Clean & Safe" campaign supported by Switzerland Tourism. Face masks and disinfectant wipes will be provided free of charge.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.