Ribeira Sacra Full Day Guided Tour from Santiago
Historic monasteries and castles, beautiful natural landscapes and delicious wines... discover the delights of the Ribeira Sacra on this day trip from Santiago de Compostela.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ourense, Ourense, Province of Ourense, Galicia
We'll leave Santiago at 8:30 am and head north to the province of Orense, where our guided tour through the Ribeira Sacra will begin. The name of this region, which means Sacred Riverbank, comes from the Middle Ages when many monasteries were scattered across the slopes of these rugged landscapes.
On arrival, we'll board a catamaran that will take us through the River Sil canyons. For an hour and a half, we'll enjoy the characteristic landscape of the area, and see the enormous walls that rise up to almost 500 meters high. During the cruise, you'll have the opportunity to sample some traditional wine.
Then we'll disembark the catamaran and continue towards some of the viewpoints in the northern part of the Ribeira Sacra. After admiring these views, we'll visit the San Esteban de Ribas de Sil monastery. The monument is currently used as a Parador Nacional de Turismo, known as a luxury hotel located in a historic building, and still preserves several elements from the original building.
Our next stop will be Orense's historic centre, which holds importance in Galicia for its thermal baths. We'll walk through its cobbled streets and discover all the secrets of its famous bridges.
The day will end returning to Santiago at around 6:30 pm.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Capela do Pilar, Av. de Xoán Carlos I, 6, 15701 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Spain
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Be at the pick-up point 15 minutes before departure
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.