Ribera Duero & Segovia Winery Tour Small group hotel pick-up from Madrid
We will head towards the Ribera del Duero wineries, where we will know its history. It is said that the monastic orders expanded throughout the territory after the 10th century, multiplying the culture of wine. The monks from Císter made their own wines in Valbuena de Duero in the 12th century. Then we continue to El Castillo de Curiel stands on a rocky hill, the highest point in the province of Valladolid, which watches over the Douro valley and, at the foot of the hill, the town that gives its name to the castle. The castle stands on a hill next to the Horcajo stream, which discharges into the Douro.
Then we will go to Segovia, where we will visit a Roman architectural work the Roman Aqueduct, located in the center of the city.
We will finish the tour with a visit to El Alcazar castle, located on a hill at the foot of which the Clamores and Eresma rivers meet.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Castillo Peñafiel and Mueso del Vino Tickets
- Wine tasting Protos
- Train ticket AVE Madrid - Valladolid
- PasajeTrain AVE Segovia - Madrid
- Guide throughout the tour
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Residencia Real Castillo De Curiel, Calle Trascastillo, S/N, 47316 Curiel de Duero, Valladolid, Spain
We will start our route in the nearby castle of Curiel de Duero, in Peñafiel that houses the Wine Museum. Its restored layout allows us to immerse ourselves in the charming history of the Kingdom of Castile, also in the important episodes of this time that occurred there.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Ribera del Duero, Burgos, Spain
Subsequently, we will make a tour of the wineries, here they carry out all the typical tasks in winemaking, aging, racking, bottling, labeling, etc. We will pass in front of the famous Vega Sicilia wineries.
During our visit to the winery, we will contemplate the elaboration of the wines in an artisan way, limiting the treatments to respect the noble characteristics of the grape. We will do a tasting of some of the best wines from the winery in a warm and functional environment for visitors.
Then we will take time to have lunch in this area of great gastronomic tradition and follow the route to Segovia
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Acueduct of Segovia, Plaza del Azoguejo 1, 40001 Segovia Spain
In Segovia we will do a guided tour the first thing will be to admire the famous 16 km long Roman aqueduct, admirably preserved
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cathedral of Segovia, Plaza Mayor s/n, 40001 Segovia Spain
We enter the Gothic Cathedral, remembered for its elegance "The Lady of the Spanish Cathedrals", the last cathedral with this style built in Spain and also its 12th century Alcazar. Among the most significant characteristics stands out its majestic altarpiece, by José de Churrigera, with a sensational Flemish triptych.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Alcazar of Segovia, Plaza Reina Victoria Eugenia, S/N, 40003 Segovia Spain
When going to Alcázar, built between the 12th and 16th centuries on a rock above the Eresma and Clamores rivers. During the Middle Ages, it was the favorite residence of the Kings of Castile, before being the state prison until the reign of Carlos II. We will admire the views of the Guadarrama mountains.
After the tour of Segovia, our guide will leave us at the AVE Station and in just 30 'we will be back in Madrid
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Madrid, Spain
Traveler pickup is offered
After booking, we will coordinate the pick up location.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Confirmation will be received when the reservation is made, unless it has been made 7 days before the trip or less. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, depending on availability.
- There will be a maximum of 8 travelers on the tour or activity.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.