Richtis Waterfall, Minoan History, Oldest Tree, North Coast (Luxury Adventure)
Discover some wonderful hidden places. Visit a stunning Waterfall, and one of the oldest Olive trees in the world to name just a couple of things you will see.
On this tour you will visit a Gorge and a hidden Waterfall on the east side of the island. Our tour leads you along the coastline with its spectacular views. Olive trees and wildlife are everywhere. We start our hiking walk near the coast, about a half hour later we reach through a jungle type of landscape the waterfall. Crystal clear cold water is descending from an 18 meter high rock formation in a tiny small lake where we can have a deserved refreshing dip in the clear spring water. Lunch will be served at a local Taverna at the waters edge. An amazing back to nature tour which will lead you through several different types of terrain which offers a display of Wild herbs, Olive groves, elusive wildlife and the pretty photogenic jungle at the Waterfalls.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Light refreshments
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Pickup at your hotel
What's excluded :
- Take a tour to Richtis beach on the far side of Mirabello Bay and then a jungle style trek to the spectacular Richtis waterfall.
We pick you up from your accommodation at around 9.00am we set off east around the bay of Mirabello. The first part of the journey takes around an hour but the scenery is spectacular.
At a point high above Richtis beach we leave the asphalt road and travel off road down, way down , to the beach below hugging the mountain as we go, so take a deep breath!! You will have your breath taken away on more than one occasion. (In a good way)
It takes around 15 minutes to reach the bottom where we park up and get ready to enter the Richtis gorge. A steady pace to the waterfall takes about 30 minutes each way and sensible footwear will be required , trainers will be ok but no sandals or flip flops. There is a trail but its not flat and although there is no rock climbing some minor scrabbling may be needed, none of this will be a problem for able bodied adults and older children , but the elderly, disabled and young children may struggle. The trail is cloaked in greenery and with the sounds of the birds and the running water from the stream it evokes a feeling of exploring a jungle, but we won't be needing machetes and there are no man eating predators either. The green canopy keeps it wonderfully cool for our short trek but please be aware the first several minutes are out in the open and it gets pretty hot in the height of summer so bring a hat, we'll provide you with water.
Then gasp at the waterfall !!!!
Here we take a break for as long as you need, you can now take photos, climb up the stairs to the top of the falls or take a dip in the pool under the falling water, obviously relevant attire and a towel will be needed for this option.
When ready we will head back out the way we came in. Just a note to remember , there are no toilets in the jungle.
From hear we now travel back west to the beautiful picturesque village of Mirsini where our taverna owner Manolis will be waiting to greet you and serve your traditional meze lunch with wine.
After lunch we head off road again to visit the 3250 year old ancient olive tree at kavousi, the oldest on the island and dating back to the post palatial, the Minoan remains at Gournia and the Panorama viewing area above Kavousi.
Hiking: 60 minutes, good physical condition necessary and good shoes.
Inclusive: Land Rover Discovery with air condition, experienced driver, refreshments/water, Cretan lunch
Departure Point :1: Agios Nikolaos, Greece
2: Elounda, Greece
3: Malia, Crete 700 07, Greece
4: Hersonissos 700 14, Greece
5: Stalida, Greece
6: Ierapetra 722 00, Greece
7: Pacheia Ammos 722 00, Greece
Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Agios Nikolaos
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- good shoes and good physical condition necessary
- take swimming costume and towel with you
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Adventure Crete