Ride Berber horses in Todra Gorge - Aventures Verticales Maroc
Spend a half or full day exploring Todra Gorge from the back of a horse. The Moroccan Barb horse is an ancient breed thought to have originated in North Africa in the 8th century. It is perfectly adapted for navigating the harsh, rocky terrain of the High Atlas mountains.
Meander through the shaded river valley and climb high onto the Todra plateau to gain a glimpse authentic Moroccan life and discover the Todra Gorge from a different perspective.
You'll be accompanied on your ride by Emily, a professional horse trainer and riding instructor for 15 years (Canada and New Zealand).
per adult from
What's included :
- Riding helmet and half chaps
- Lunch - Lunch is provided in our full-day ride
What's excluded :
We'll meet at our shop, Aventures Verticales Maroc, at the entrance of the gorge. We'll get you fitted with a helmet and half chaps and ensure that your footwear is appropriate.
Then, we'll meet the horses and strike our on our ride!
On our half-day ride, we'll descend to the Todra River and meander through the shaded gardens beneath swaying date palms and the soaring red-rock cliffs. You'll pass local people working in the gardens and get a glimpse of what life is like in this area of the High Atlas. Duration 4 hrs (riding time 3 hrs). Tea provided.
On our full-day ride, we'll spend the morning exploring the river valley, wandering through the gardens and date palms. We'll stop for lunch on the terrace at my friend Omar's family restaurant (the lentils are fantastic!). In the afternoon, we'll head away from the river and climb high onto the plateau above the Todra Gorge to gain panoramic vistas. Along the way, we'll surely see nomadic shepherds tending their herds of goats high on the cliffs and catch a glimpse of a way of life these people have been sustaining for thousands of years. Duration 6 hrs (riding time 5 hrs). Lunch provided.
• Todgha Gorge, R 703 near the town of Tinerhir, Tinerhir 45520 Morocco
Departure Point :Aventures Verticales Maroc, Tizgui Todra gorges, Tinghir 45800, Morocco
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.