Rila Monastery and Boyana Church Shuttle Tour
Rila monastery shuttle will take you to Bulgaria's most important and visited historical site and even more - two UNESCO places, amongst with Boyana church. Enjoy the wonderful frescoes from 19th century, representing the achievement of the Bulgarian Revival painting school, feel the amazing spirit of the largest monastery in the country, surrounded by the indescribable beauty of Rila mountain. V travel team will represent to you all the secrets of this place. In the afternoon we will visit Boyana church, where murals from 13th century will show you the majesty of the Bulgarian medieval country.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee for Boyana church
- Food and drinks
- Audio-guide (Eg, Es, It, Rus, Ger) payable onsite for 5€ per person
- Live Guide in Spanish, Italian, French - 60 € per booking
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Boyana Church
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rila Monastery, Rila 2643 Bulgaria
Rila Monastery was founded in the 10th century by St John of Rila, a hermit canonized by the Orthodox Church. His ascetic dwelling and tomb became a holy site and were transformed into a monastic complex which played an important role in the spiritual and social life of medieval Bulgaria. Destroyed by fire at the beginning of the 19th century, the complex was rebuilt between 1834 and 1862. A characteristic example of the Bulgarian Renaissance (18th–19th centuries), the monument symbolizes the awareness of a Slavic cultural identity following centuries of occupation.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Boyana Church, 3 Boyansko Ezero Str., Sofia 1616 Bulgaria
Located on the outskirts of Sofia, Boyana Church consists of three buildings. The eastern church was built in the 10th century, then enlarged at the beginning of the 13th century by Sebastocrator Kaloyan, who ordered a second two storey building to be erected next to it. The frescoes in this second church, painted in 1259, make it one of the most important collections of medieval paintings. The ensemble is completed by a third church, built at the beginning of the 19th century. This site is one of the most complete and perfectly preserved monuments of east European medieval art.
Duration: 1 day 6 hours
Departure Point :Cathedral Saint Aleksandar Nevski, pl. "Sveti Aleksandar Nevski", 1000 Sofia Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.