Rila Monastery and Boyana Church Small Group Day Trip
Enjoy a day in the mountains by exploring 2 UNESCO sites. Visit Rila Monastery and Boyana church, UNESCO World Heritage sites. The 9-hour tour will be with a group and a professional guide in English. Most times the group size is 4-8 people.
*Women should have their knees and shoulders covered in the monastery.
*The Boyana church is closed on the 1st of January, on the Sunday of the Orthodox Easter, on the 24th of December, 25th of December and the 31st of December - and on such days the tour is done only to the Rila Monastery.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional live guide in English!
- Transportation by a comfortable minibus
- A trip to to Boyana Chuch and Rila Monastery
What's excluded :
- Boyana church entrance fee- 5 euro (10 levs)
- Rila Monastery museum+ monk room entrance fee- 4 euro (8 levs)
- Food and drinks
- Audioguide in Spanish, Italian, German, French or Russian- 5 euro per person- paid on spot!
- Entry/Admission - Boyana Church
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cathedral Saint Aleksandar Nevski, pl. "Sveti Aleksandar Nevski", 1000 Sofia Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
The meeting point is behind the cathedral.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Rila Monastery, Rila 2643 Bulgaria
The Rila Monastery is the biggest monastery in Bulgaria. It was established back in the 10th century. The current buildings are from the mid 19th century, with a defensive tower that survived from the 14th century.
In the monastery complex you will admire the impressive architecture and frescoes.
During the guided tour in the inner yard and the monastery museum, you will discover the most precious pieces that are kept from the past and all the facts and stories about the biggest Bulgarian monastery complex. You will also have the chance to see an authentic monk room as well!
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Boyana Church, 3 Boyansko Ezero Str., Sofia 1616 Bulgaria
Your other stop is at the great UNESCO historical place – Boyana church, dating back to the 11th century, which has unique and very well preserved frescoes and pictures from the period of 11 to 14 century. You will have the chance to explore the church and learn its history from your guide.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :pl. "Sveti Aleksandar Nevski" 4, 1000 Sofia Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Women should have their knees and showders covered in the monastery.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.