Rila Monastery and hiking to the Stob Pyramids- Private Day Trip from Sofia
This is a Private Tour so you will not be combined with other people besides those in your reservation- there will be a private car and a private driver- guide just for you!
Rila monastery and hiking through the Stob pyramids with a taste of traditional Bulgarian banitsa!
If you join this tour you will: walk through the pyramids! See the 19-th century Monastery frescos from the Bulgarian revival and marvelous Iconostasis of the Church. See the unique miraculous icon of the Monastery. Go to the cave of Saint John of Rila. Visit the rich Monastery museum or/and/ the 14th century guard tower of the Monastery.
Most times the trips are done with eco friendly cars - with cng engine or electro mobiles, so that we can help fighting the air polution.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Professional driver- guide
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Transportation with an A/C car with free Wi Fi
- Visit to the Rila Monastery
- Food tasting
- Entry/Admission - Stob's Pyramids
- Entry/Admission - Rila Monastery
What's excluded :
- Monastery museum entrance fee- 4 euro
- Lunch & personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Alexander Nevski Cathedral, Aleksander Nevski Square, Sofia Bulgaria
The tour starts with a pick up from any location in Sofia.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Stob's Pyramids, Blagoevgrad Bulgaria
Enjoy one of the best ways of exploring and learning more about Bulgaria- with a professional guide while hiking through the amazing mountains.
The tour starts from Sofia and first you will go for hiking in the region of the Stob Piramids. A place well know and excellent for hiking where you will enjoy the magnificent nature. The hiking is of moderate difficulty and it is about 1 hour.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Rila Monastery, Rila 2643 Bulgaria
After that you will visit the largest monastery in Bulgaria: the Rila monastery. There your professional guide will take you around and blend you in to the history and the way of life in the monastery. You will spend about 1- 2h in the Rila monastery.
Last but not least you will have the chance to taste one of the best and well known special pastry products in Bulgaria, which will be home-made and have some free time for lunch in a great local restourant.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel/ address pick up at 9am. -please indicate it.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please dress appropriately for hiking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.