Rila Monastery Tour from Sofia - Lunch, Wine Tasting & The Unique Stob Pyramids
Take a trip to discover the most important monastery in Bulgaria and learn about its role in the formation of Bulgarian identity and culture throughout the 19th century. The Rila Monastery is part of the UNESCO World Heritage List along with eight other monuments in the country and represents the most outstanding architectural ensemble in Bulgaria. Your guide, who is an art historian herself, will give you a unique perspective onto the artistic history of the church's frescoes and woodcarving, revealing the symbolism hiding behind the majestic architectural elements of the complex and their meaning. On our way back to Sofia, you will have time to relax and enjoy the magnificent view of the Stob pyramids, one of the most amazing natural phenomena on the territory of Bulgaria.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Wine Tasting
- Private Transportation
- Professional Guide Services
What's excluded :
- Entrance Fees Rila Monastery Museum and Hrelyo Tower
- Personal Expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rila Monastery, Rila 2643 Bulgaria
We will start our walk with the monastery complex, visiting the Museum housing, the five-domed church dedicated to the Virgin and the ancient Hrelyo Tower. Your leader, who is an art historian herself, will show you the unique cultural and religious nature of the place from an entirely different perspective. You will see how this fantastic architecture combines elements from two very distinctive cultures. Furthermore, you will get the chance to see the most adorned artifact in the monastery – a double-sided wooden cross made by the local monk Raphael – an exquisite piece of woodcarving and artistry.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cave of St.Ivan Rilski, Village Skrino, Boboshevo Municipality, Kyustendil 2643 Bulgaria
For the enthusiasts who would like to feel the fresh air of the wild forest, we will take a walk on a small alley in the woods, reaching the original cave settlement of St. Ivan Rilski, whose name bears the monetary itself. There you will hear the mystical stories about his life and the history of the foundation of the sanctuary. Inside the cave, you will be challenged by an old legend so be prepared to test your physical and mental skills.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Stob Pyramids, 1005 22, 2630 Rila, Bulgaria
Our way to Sofia runs by the famous Stone Pyramids of Stob village - a natural phenomenon which attracts visitors from all over the world. Enjoy a walking tour around the rocks and some free time to relax and drink your afternoon cup of tea or coffee.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All Hotels in Sofia, Rental Apartments and AirBnb
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.