Rio Celeste and Tenorio National Park Hike + Lunch from La Fortuna
Enjoy a complimentary hotel pickup and transfer from your centrally located Arenal accommodations to the starting point, on a scenic 2-hour drive through landscapes and wildlife habitats. The tour arrives at the Tenorio Volcano National Park, were you will begin your 7 km hike (approximately 4 hours) through the tropical rain forest; along the way, your guide will help scout for animal sightings and point out highlights of passing flora and fauna. You'll be able to take a look of “Los Teñideros” of the Rio Celeste, the site where two streams of crystalline water come together and form the heavenly color blue that gives the river its name. The tour returns through trails, rich with ecological wonders. You’ll continue the hike through the jungle and will get to see a spectacular waterfall whose color is one of a kind.
At the final of the journey your reward will be an exquisite Costa Rican typical lunch, then you will ride back to the hotels in La Fortuna.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- bilingual naturalistic guide
- park entrances
- Entry/Admission - Tenorio Volcano National Park - Rio Celeste
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tenorio Volcano National Park - Rio Celeste, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
Discover one of the hidden mysteries of Costa Rica tucked next to the volcano Tenorio. Here you'll take a 4 hour (7 kilometer) hike through the beautiful rainforest trails, with a certificate and bilingual guide. Along the way, you able to visit the lagoon and los Teñideros ---a place where two streams with different minerals and chemical composition meet and change color to a heavenly turquoise blue---.
At the last stop you will enjoy the magnificent Rio Celeste Waterfall, and a short hike will bring us back to lunch and our return transportation.Then take a delicious tradicional costarican lunch.
•Full-day hiking tour of Tenorio Volcano National Park from La Fortuna
•Complete a 4-hour trek through the rain forest with a professional guide
•See the mysterious blue waters of Rio Celeste
•Learn how the convergence of two volcanic streams produces the river's unusual tint
• Look for native wildlife along the way
• Enjoy a delicious Costa Rican lunch after the hike
• Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.