Rio Celeste and Tenorio Volcano National Park Hike
Hike along Rio Celeste River, famous for its breathtaking blue waters, located in Tenorio Volcano National Park home to tropical rain and cloud forests. Witness this natural phenomena happening as two creeks blend together causing a mineral found in the water to multiply and reflect the celeste blue color. Home to many plants, animals, birds, butterflies, primary forest, waterfall, spectacular volcano views and minor volcanic activities, this less visited park is must full day tour from La Fortuna.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up (if your hotel is in the vicinity of La Fortuna or along the way)
- Transportation (from your hotel if in the pick up zone or our office)
What's excluded :
- Your transportation will come and pick you up in the morning from your hotel and begin the 90 minute drive to Tenorio National Park thorough the Costa Rican country side. Along the way your guide will point out interesting things to see such as views of different volcanoes, agriculture, etc. Once you arrive at the park, you will sign in the visitors center and get a map. First stop, will be the beautiful blue waterfall. Then, you will hike along the Rio Celeste past view points and small volcanic activities up to the junction of Buenavista and Quebrada Agria creeks. Here, is where the celeste colour forms then the waters of the two small rivers mix. Throughout the day, you guide will show you different plants and animals of interest as well as talk about Costa Rica´s natural history. Once the hike is over, you will have a delicious typical Costa Rican lunch at a local restaurant and then drive back to your hotel.
Departure Point :Your hotel if it is in the vicinity of La Fortuna or along the way to the national park.Our office in La Fortuna.
Departure Time :7:30 am
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable hiking shoes
- Comfortable light clothes
- Bug spray
- Sun block
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.