Rio Celeste Waterfall Hike and Swimming at the River 9 people max
• The dazzling centrepiece of the Tenorio Volcano National Park, the Rio Celeste is most famous for its shockingly bright blue color, the result of a natural reaction of volcanic sulfur and calcium carbonate, which turns the clear waters a powder-blue shade. Reached by hiking through the surrounding rainforest, there are a number of sights of interest located along the Rio Celeste, most notably the Rio Celeste Waterfall, a favorite photo spot where the river tumbles into a striking blue lagoon; the Tenideros, where two rivers merge in the Celeste; and the Poza Azul, the most renowned "dye pool," where the reaction is most noticeable.
The river’s startling color change is best viewed during the dry season (December to April), as excess rainfall can dilute the reactive chemicals leaving the waters with a less-appealing muddy hue.Four-in-one adventure in Costa Rica
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off only from La Fortuna/
- Local guide
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off outside La Fortuna/ Arenal
Come with us to Rio Celeste Waterfall Hike with take place at the Tenorio Volcano National Park in Costa Rica.
When you want to see something extraordinary or something that we won't see anywhere else Rio Celeste is definitely the place to go, one of the wonders of Costa Rica. Rio celeste (Light Blue River), it´s a 3h hike at the foothill of Tenorio volcano national park, right in the middle of its rain forest we find this natural river with that unique color thanks to the volcanic minerals found in the water those minerals are deposit right at the river rocks when the sun rays reach the river the create an optical illusion that make us able to enjoy all its beauty. The river also has a waterfall, a viewpoint to the Tenorio volcano, a lake and river fumaroles and at the end the spot when two different rivers (Buena Vista and Quebrada Agria) bisect and the minerals get mix.
From La Fortuna the drive takes 1:30h going from volcano to volcano.
What is included?Transportation, naturalist guide and bottled water
• Costa Rica Nature Guides, La Fortuna,San Carlos,Costa Rica, Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos Costa Rica
• Rio Celeste, Tenorio Volcano National Park Costa Rica
• Arenal Expeditions - Tours and Transfers, La Fortuna, Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos 21007 Costa Rica
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.