Rio de Janeiro Small Group Bike Sightseeing Trip
From Copacabana to Ipanema, Sugarloaf to downtown, this Rio bike tour shows you all the city sites you can see on two wheels! Prepare to burn mega calories as you spend the day cycling all over Rio de Janeiro. Learn about the city's development, see Olympic sites, explore a garden oasis, discover great architecture and street art, and watch the sunset from a lookout point that's loved by locals.
8 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Bike rental and safety equipment
- Local tour guide
What's excluded :
- Lunch and any other food and drinks, items of a personal nature, tips/gratuities for your guide.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Copacabana Beach, Av. Atlantica - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22070-011 Brazil
You'll meet your local guide in Copacabana for a great bike ride through Rio's numerous beaches and bays, traveling all the way to downtown and back. Start biking through Copacabana Beach to reach the neighbouhood and bay of Botafogo, where you'll will be able to frame Sugarloaf Mountain like no other spot in the city. It’s a stunning view of this unique mountain rising right up from the bay.
Pass By: Flamengo Beach, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
Moving ahead on this Rio tour, you’ll ride along the coast of Flamengo Beach and Park, a jewel created by Burle Marx, the master of landscape design, and a spot where locals love to hang out. The bike lane zig-zags under the trees here, allowing you to enjoy the city and bay views as we go.
Pass By: Cinelandia, Avenue rio Branco, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20031-050 Brazil
You'll then reach downtown, where we'll ride past the MAM (Museum of Modern Art), and cross over to Cinelandia Square. There you’ll ride along Rio Branco Avenue, which used to be the busiest street in Rio and was recently redesigned for the 2016 Summer Olympics. Follow the downtown area through to Praça XV Square, taking a new path that surrounds the neighborhood and leads to the Museum of Tomorrow. Y
Pass By: XV de Novembro Square, Regiao Central, Ribeirao Preto, State of Sao Paulo Brazil
Follow the downtown area through to Praça XV Square, taking a new path that surrounds the neighborhood and leads to the Museum of Tomorrow. You'll make a few extra stops here for some great photo ops, including a view of the huge Niteroi Bridge.
Pass By: Boulevard Olimpico, Praca Maua, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20081-240 Brazil
You'll make a few extra stops here for some great photo ops, including a view of the huge Niteroi Bridge. Along the way, you'll also get to spot some of Eduardo Kobra’s stunning work on Olympic Boulevard. Kobra's work is an extremely colorful graffiti mural that's some 27,000 square feet (2,600 square meters) in size, and represents the native people of each continent.
Pass By: Ipanema Beach, Avenida Vieira Souto - Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22420-002 Brazil
Then, it’s time to cycle back to Copacabana and recharge your batteries for the afternoon ride. Stop for a light and healthy lunch (at your own expense). Fueled up again, head from Copacabana to the majestic Ipanema Beach. Explore the streets, people-watch in one of the city’s most scenic locations, and learn how this neighborhood has been inspiring artists for decades. Then, leave the beach behind as you cycle through the picturesque Allah’s Garden towards the massive Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon, known simply to locals as the ‘lagoa.’
Pass By: Leblon Beach, Avenida Ataulfo de Paiva, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
Stop by the lagoon’s entertainment area to enjoy a refreshing coconut water break and soak up the atmosphere of this popular spot. Once you're refreshed, cycle over to the botanical gardens, where you can jump off your bike to enjoy a walking tour. Admire the stunning imperial palms, learn more about the garden’s history, and admire the vast orchid collection in the greenhouse. Then jump back on your bike and cycle through the bohemian Baixo Gavea, returning to the seaside as we explore Leblon Beach. You'll get a photo-worthy moment when you stop to admire the great beach view from Leblon’s lookout point.
Pass By: Parque Garota de Ipanema, Avenida Francisco Bhering, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22080-050 Brazil
Cruise along the coast a bit more, passing by Ipanema Beach, before reaching Arpoador Beach, where you’ll understand why the sunset is so special here. Finally, we'll ride back through Girl from Ipanema Park to reach Copacabana once again, where your Total Rio Bike Tour comes to an end.
Departure Point :Belmond Copacabana Palace, Av. Atlântica, 1702 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22021-001, Brazil
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes appropriate for biking, and bring sunscreen and water. A helmet will be supplied for you.
- This tour burns about 4,000 calories (we love a good workout!), so be sure to have a proper breakfast before you come.
- Travellers under 12 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
- Small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.