Rio Historical Walking Tour
Get to know Rio de Janeiro's historic center and discover the secrets of its ancient alleys!
Get to know the famous cinelândia, the most baroque church in Rio de Janeiro, thrills with its architecture and the most famous confectionery of the city!
In this exciting city tour, you will walk through the history of Rio de Janeiro, from the arrival of the Portuguese in the city to the transformation into the Olympic city.
Follow us and check it out for yourself!
per adult from
What's included :
- Entrance at Sao Francisco da Penitencia Church
- Entry/Admission - Sao Francisco da Penitencia Church
What's excluded :
- Anything not described as included
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cinelandia, Avenue rio Branco, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20031-050 Brazil
We will start with the history of Rio de Janeiro and some points of interest:
Municipal Theater, City Hall, National Museum of Fine Arts, National Library
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Largo da Carioca, Rua da Carioca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20050-008 Brazil
Here you will be emerged at the business center and one of the oldest sport in town.
Stop At: Sao Francisco da Penitencia Church, Largo da Carioca 5 Centro, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20050-020 Brazil
Here you will get to know the most baroque church in the city (it looks like a golden cave) and its history near Largo da Carioca
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Confeitaria Colombo, R. Gonçalves Dias, 32 - Centro, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20050-030, Brazil
For over a century Confeitaria Colombo has been one of the most respected commercial houses in the country.
As a cultural and artistic heritage of the city, you cannot tell the story of Confectionery Colombo without associating it with the urban history of Rio de Janeiro.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Praca Quinze de Novembro - Centro, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20010-010 Brazil
Point of arrival of the Portuguese family in Rio, Praca XV de Novembro is marked by its colonial buildings and full of history.
Departure Point :Av. Treze de Maio, 155 - Centro, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20031-007, Brazil
Return Detail :Praça Quinze de Novembro, Centro, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, 20010, Brazil
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.