Rio Maya Bird Sanctuary and Spanish Lookout all Inclusive Birdwatching Tour
Surprises are exciting and each birding tour promises to be a mystery waiting to be unfold. At Rio Maya, one can expect the unexpected from melodious Hummingbirds to colorful Warblers to the endemic Rufous Breasted Spinetail! Surrounded by tropical fruit trees, songbirds and the glorious sunrise, grab your binoculars and bottle of water as you commence a slow paced hike through the naturetrek trails.
Regardless of your travel dates to Belize, there’s always a chance to witness something new from rare birds to new species to the most popular! Your birding vacation is not complete without a Birdwatching to The Home of the Rufous Breasted Spinetail at Rio Maya Bird Sanctuary!
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Spanish Lookout, Spanish Lookout, Cayo
After a couple hours of birdwatching at Rio Maya Bird Sanctuary, we make our way to the industrial Mennonite farmlands of Spanish Lookout. This mosaic of agricultural lands, open fields and patches of forest create a diverse mix of birds. At Aguacate, we find pristine broadleaf forest searching for Slaty-tailed Trogon, Rufous-tailed Jacamar, Ruddy Woodcreeper Here the forest merges into a small lake where Blue-winged Teals, Wood Storks, Least Grebes and Yellow-crowned Night Herons can be found. We then proceed for a delicious picnic lunch while enjoying the cool breeze and breath-taking view of the lagoon - perfect for picture taking. After lunch, we head to the famous Western Diaries for a tasty dessert before heading back to San Ignacio.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :19 Burns Avenue, San Ignacio, Belize
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.